Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spring Clips on Downlights

What is the best technique with the viscious things? The seem to damage the
plasterboard when removing the lamp. Why are they so damned fierce?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP posted
What is the best technique with the viscious things? The seem to damage the
plasterboard when removing the lamp. Why are they so damned fierce?

Apparently in the decorating trade it's called "being mouse-trapped".

--
Algernon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Algernon Goss-Custard wrote in
:

JohnP posted
What is the best technique with the viscious things? The seem to
damage the plasterboard when removing the lamp. Why are they so damned
fierce?

Apparently in the decorating trade it's called "being mouse-trapped".

I like to remove fittings when painting - but I ain't touching these again"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/06/2021 13:25, JohnP wrote:
Algernon Goss-Custard wrote in
:

JohnP posted
What is the best technique with the viscious things? The seem to
damage the plasterboard when removing the lamp. Why are they so damned
fierce?

Apparently in the decorating trade it's called "being mouse-trapped".

I like to remove fittings when painting - but I ain't touching these again"

For mine, I just pull them part way down, put a finger and thumb around
the clips and pull them the rest of the way out.