Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crimping etc

Just been tweaking the wiring of my lad's new campervan, my no-name
ratchet crimper for insulated terminals is getting a bit tired. I don't
do a lot of crimping so not after a full "industrial" model, but does
anyone have any recommendations for something that performs well? The
screwfix ones seem to get reasonable reviews.

Changing the subject slightly, has anyone tried those "heat shrink plus
solder" connectors? Obviously you will need fresh, clean wire but my
soldering experience leads me to be slightly skeptical over how well
they will work. I suppose the pressure from the heat shrink will help,
and perhaps they use an active flux.

Powered crimping tool equivalent to COPALUM tool Harry Muscle Home Ownership 19 April 30th 16 05:44 PM
Bathtub, surround quandry...acrylic, fiberglass, Swanstone, Veritek, etc.etc.etc. [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 13th 07 08:32 AM
Crimping, A Warning bob UK diy 16 May 3rd 05 08:51 AM
which way round to use ratchet crimping tool? Al Reynolds UK diy 10 February 12th 04 09:22 AM
crimping cat5 cable [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 28th 03 06:02 PM