Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vegetarians Have Better Cholesterol Levels

On Sun, 16 May 2021 13:32:31 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

And from the same link, when considering why more women than men are vegans:

Funny all that cognitive bias isn't it. ;-)

--
“social dominance theory”, which suggests that men might find meat more
appealing when they’re reminded it’s made from animals, because it reinforces

Is that last bit actually a quote from Fredxx as I'm pretty sure it's
exactly what he has said in the past?

'They are 'just' animals so it's ok for us to do what we like with /
to them (along as it's not against and published rules, left brainers
love their rules, it's all that other forward / progressive thinking
stuff they don't get (especially when it impacts what they *want* to
do)).

I bet Fedxx would have been ****ed off after the last slave auction,
not getting his money back the week later when owning slaves was
banned (when everyone else had stopped buying slaves years earlier).
;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

And from the same link, when considering why more women than men are vegans:

Funny all that cognitive bias isn't it. ;-)

I wonder how many would be classed as unwilling vegans from pressure
from their partner.

--
€œsocial dominance theory€, which suggests that men might find meat more
appealing when theyre reminded its made from animals, because it reinforces
their sense of dominance and superiority €“ by viewing animals as unworthy of
respect, they are asserting their power over them.
--

Is that last bit actually a quote from Fredxx as I'm pretty sure it's
exactly what he has said in the past?

It could also be an instinct to provide their loved ones with a natural
balanced diet, rather than one that stunts their child's brain development.

Thankfully vegans are less likely to have children or as many children
as meat eaters. Some parents have to ensure the next generation
maintains the current IQ.

'They are 'just' animals so it's ok for us to do what we like with /
to them (along as it's not against and published rules, left brainers

Oh dear, another another admission of a lost argument.

love their rules, it's all that other forward / progressive thinking
stuff they don't get (especially when it impacts what they *want* to
do)).

You can only dream of such. In short you don't have clue.

I bet Fedxx would have been ****ed off after the last slave auction,
not getting his money back the week later when owning slaves was
banned (when everyone else had stopped buying slaves years earlier).
;-)

Given that was a long time before me, they do say if you haven't had
something you have never missed it.

I take it you dream that I "would have been ****ed off after the last
slave auction". I'm sure no one else does, and can only be the dreams of
a fanatic.

Do you miss meat and meat products so much you feel the need to abuse
most of those around you who are allowed to eat these staple food items?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2021 16:34, T i m wrote:

I bet Fedxx would have been ****ed off after the last slave auction,
not getting his money back the week later when owning slaves was
banned (when everyone else had stopped buying slaves years earlier).

Now you're indulging in displacement activity again, Get help.
--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2021 16:46, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 14:28:22 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2021 09:27, Spike wrote:
On 13/05/2021 21:06, T i m wrote:
alan_m wrote:

On 13/05/2021 17:40, T i m wrote:

It's a funny thing, when I was previously eating all sorts of rubbish
but included (processed) meat, eggs and dairy (dairy till my doctor
advised against it), no one (here) seemed interested in my diet /
health. As soon as I started excluding the exploitation of animals
from my diet, everyone (well the trolls especially)

And OT posts about veganism isn't trolling?
I don't know (but it wasn't, it was about diets) I didn't start the
thread and so have done no more than you by commenting on it?

It was also about the caution that has to be applied to the
interpretation of a very limited set of markers indicating 'health' or
the suitability of a limited rather than a balanced diet, such as
claiming 'my B12 levels are fine' suggesting everything else is too.

A B12 assay is not a routine test so unless there are notable
clinical symptoms, all you need is to measure your Hb, RBC, and
MCV. These are all done these days as a set of parameters in one
go, and relatively cheap to do.

If they are normal then a B12 assay is probably pointless.

Check RDW as well (albeit not a separate test) as concurrent iron deficiency and B12 deficiency can make MCV look reasonable.

You will have neither of those deficiencies if your Haemoglobin is
within the normal range.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2021 13:32, RJH wrote:
On 16 May 2021 at 12:23:09 BST, "Fredxx" wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...r-intelligence

€œThere are some tragic cases of children whose brains failed to
develop because of their parents being ill-informed vegans€

And from the same link, when considering why more women than men are vegans:

€œsocial dominance theory€, which suggests that men might find meat more
appealing when theyre reminded its made from animals, because it reinforces
their sense of dominance and superiority €“ by viewing animals as unworthy of
respect, they are asserting their power over them.

I think the above is trying to compare apples and oranges.

One of the statements quoted is a scientific fact.

The other is speculation from an ArtStudent (c)

(c) The Natural Philosopher 2021

--
Spike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/05/2021 09:27, Spike wrote:
On 16/05/2021 13:32, RJH wrote:
On 16 May 2021 at 12:23:09 BST, "Fredxx" wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...r-intelligence

€œThere are some tragic cases of children whose brains failed to
develop because of their parents being ill-informed vegans€

And from the same link, when considering why more women than men are vegans:

€œsocial dominance theory€, which suggests that men might find meat more
appealing when theyre reminded its made from animals, because it reinforces
their sense of dominance and superiority €“ by viewing animals as unworthy of
respect, they are asserting their power over them.

I think the above is trying to compare apples and oranges.

One of the statements quoted is a scientific fact.

The other is speculation from an ArtStudent (c)

(c) The Natural Philosopher 2021

I have no copyright.

It goes back to the 1970s, when a fellow engineer would say 'throw
another ArtStudent on the fire, there's a good chap' pointing to the log
pile.

It being a reflection of how totally and utterly pointless an art
student is, in the real world of actually making stuff happen.

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2021 13:32, RJH wrote:
[...]

However, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and is a bad thing. We
need the arts students, or at least some of them, to make music and
otherwise enterrtain us.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2021 13:32, RJH wrote:
[...]

otherwise entertain us.

Fairy Nuff, it's when they start telling us what to do...and worse, how
to do it!

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2021 13:32, RJH wrote:
[...]

It being a reflection of how totally and utterly pointlessĀ* an art
student is, in the real world of actually making stuff happen.

However, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and is a bad
thing. We
need the arts students, or at least some of them, to make music and
otherwise entertain us.

Fairy Nuff, it's when they start telling us what to do...and worse, how
to do it!

That will only be after an engineer or scientist has given them some ideas.

84% of Vegetarians and Vegans Return to Meat. [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 7th 14 07:46 PM
The great cholesterol con Jim Hawkins UK diy 58 November 3rd 13 04:20 PM
Cholesterol levels Jim Hawkins UK diy 89 April 13th 13 08:46 PM
Blood Pressure/Cholesterol, Anti-Allergic [email protected] UK diy 0 March 29th 08 02:19 PM
OT Cholesterol after 3 years of eating mostly meat and fat Ignoramus18262 Metalworking 17 October 2nd 07 12:17 AM