Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scrap metal run

I've a few bits of scrap copper piled up and sat there for years, so I
thought I would enquire about disposing of it.

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process,
they need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it
into.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process,
they need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it into.

Theoretically they needed both of those last time I weighed stuff in, in
practice only the latter was required ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2021 15:38, Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process,
they need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it
into.

Theoretically they needed both of those last time I weighed stuff in, in
practice only the latter was required ...

I thought the only stipulation is they can't pay you cash? The last time
(a few years ago) I weighed stuff in I got a cheque.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 May 2021 15:26:29 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq., wrote:

I've a few bits of scrap copper piled up and sat there for years, so I
thought I would enquire about disposing of it.

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process,
they need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it
into.

It's been 8 years since photo id, and cashless sales were brought in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes heaven forbid you might have nicked it of course, so they need a way to
track you down.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; Esq.; wrote in message
I've a few bits of scrap copper piled up and sat there for years, so I
thought I would enquire about disposing of it.

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process, they
need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it into.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/05/2021 15:26, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I've a few bits of scrap copper piled up and sat there for years, so I
thought I would enquire about disposing of it.

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process,
they need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it into.

I last did one shortly before the first lockdown. I needed a photo
driving license and as normal I was paid by cheque.

I was then offered a cashing service for the cheque for a 20% fee.

No card/bank transfer service was offered. However it's not in their
interests to offer that service for obvious reasons.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process,
they need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it
into.

Theoretically they needed both of those last time I weighed stuff in, in
practice only the latter was required ...

Then you must have been there before and they have records of you?

ISTR there was something about going into the same scrappers several
times in a year that meant that they did not need do the driving licence
photocopying/recording details every time you went in.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

For anyone considering doing the same and curious about the process,
they need photo ID (driving licence) and a bank debit card to pay it
into.

Theoretically they needed both of those last time I weighed stuff in,
in practice only the latter was required ...

Then you must have been there before and they have records of you?

No, have only ever been there the once, another visit may be on the horizon.

ISTR there was something about going into the same scrappers several
times in a year that meant that they did not need do the driving licence
photocopying/recording details every time you went in.

They just mumbled "bring ID next time" ...

Using a metal gasifier to run a metal generator using chips made of wood, not metal Pete S Metalworking 3 November 27th 12 05:21 AM
Scrap Metal - Two Questions Ed Bailen Metalworking 8 March 30th 06 09:54 AM
Scrap metal prices fred UK diy 12 October 2nd 05 12:06 AM
metal surplus, scrap near portland Oregon area? Sendkeys Metalworking 7 January 14th 05 07:40 AM
scrap metal from an Chevy S10 truck? SomeBody Metalworking 0 January 6th 05 02:59 PM