Sendkeys

Default metal surplus, scrap near portland Oregon area?

Does anyone know what i can find a good price on metals around portland
oregon?

I am in need of bar stock(aluminum,copper,hot/cold rolled) and some
sheet metal.Only need small loads. Retail(surplus/scrap) type sales.
All the scrap dealers in the phone book only "buy" or sell large loads.

Some type of scrap hobby, buy by the pound Yard would be great!
Thanks for the help

Carla Fong

Pacific Metals (recently moved to somewhere in the Tigard/Tualatin area) has
a 'rem' area with interesting pieces of non-ferrous metal and The Steelyard
out on Columbia Blvd will do small orders...

Carla

"Sendkeys" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know what i can find a good price on metals around portland
oregon?

I am in need of bar stock(aluminum,copper,hot/cold rolled) and some
sheet metal.Only need small loads. Retail(surplus/scrap) type sales.
All the scrap dealers in the phone book only "buy" or sell large loads.

Some type of scrap hobby, buy by the pound Yard would be great!
Thanks for the help

Grant Erwin

Carla Fong wrote:

Pacific Metals (recently moved to somewhere in the Tigard/Tualatin area) has
a 'rem' area with interesting pieces of non-ferrous metal and The Steelyard
out on Columbia Blvd will do small orders...

Carla

I did a couple of years exile in Portland. I remember "The Steelyard" fondly.
However, I couldn't find them in the online directory service I use when I
looked yesterday. Are they still there? I wouldn't be surprised if they
weren't since up here in Seattle the list of surplus-type vendors has shrunk
by well over 90%, sigh.

Grant
Tim Wescott

Sendkeys wrote:
Does anyone know what i can find a good price on metals around portland
oregon?

I am in need of bar stock(aluminum,copper,hot/cold rolled) and some
sheet metal.Only need small loads. Retail(surplus/scrap) type sales.
All the scrap dealers in the phone book only "buy" or sell large loads.

Some type of scrap hobby, buy by the pound Yard would be great!
Thanks for the help

Unless they've gone out of business in the last year Clackamas Steel is
nice -- steel and aluminum remnants by the pound. They keep their scrap
steel outside, so you either need to get it fresh or expect to grind off
some rust.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Sendkeys

Thank you Carla Thank you Grant

I will give them both a shot as i been all over trying to find
stuff.

Thank you again for the help

Sendkeys

Ahhh This sounds great YA tell you the turth some rusty stuff for
my "art" will be nice haha

This ia a great Group thank you Tim

gene lewis

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Carla Fong wrote:

Pacific Metals (recently moved to somewhere in the Tigard/Tualatin area)

has
a 'rem' area with interesting pieces of non-ferrous metal and The

Steelyard
out on Columbia Blvd will do small orders...

Carla

I did a couple of years exile in Portland. I remember "The Steelyard"

fondly.
However, I couldn't find them in the online directory service I use when I
looked yesterday. Are they still there? I wouldn't be surprised if they
weren't since up here in Seattle the list of surplus-type vendors has

shrunk
by well over 90%, sigh.

Grant

Yup, still there. I ride my bike past it on the way to work.

Gene

gene lewis

"Sendkeys" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know what i can find a good price on metals around portland
oregon?

I am in need of bar stock(aluminum,copper,hot/cold rolled) and some
sheet metal.Only need small loads. Retail(surplus/scrap) type sales.
All the scrap dealers in the phone book only "buy" or sell large loads.

Some type of scrap hobby, buy by the pound Yard would be great!
Thanks for the help

Metals Supermarkets , over by the costco on airport way & 122nd---
actually 13319 whittaker way

not a scrapyard, but their offcut bins etc are nice, plus everything's
marked so you know whether this bar here is 12L14, or Unmachinium.
no minimum , $3.00 cut charge.
Good luck,
Gene

Typical/average floor area to ground area ration for a house? [email protected] UK diy 6 September 22nd 04 03:29 PM
Livonia/Detroit Area scrap yards? Russ Wizinsky - ProfessorWiz Metalworking 5 April 11th 04 05:42 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Pinging: All Wreckers regarding nutcase posting as me, Bay Area Dave. Puff Griffis Woodworking 40 March 13th 04 02:01 AM
metal tubes Allan Adler Metalworking 7 September 26th 03 04:30 AM