Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default New smoke detectors and heat alarm.

Had new smoke alarms and heat detector fitted yesterday, with radio link
for synchronising operation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And.....
I just put up a couple of those 10 year ones, but my old one still was the
only one to go off when my gardeners ran past my open door with a petrol
Strimmer, I guess it was the pollution coming out of that thing that set it
off, but nothing from the others. I'm told you can test them with a candle
about a foot or so below them, but I'd not trust myself with such a thing!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"jon" wrote in message ...
Had new smoke alarms and heat detector fitted yesterday, with radio link
for synchronising operation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:19:00 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

And.....
I just put up a couple of those 10 year ones, but my old one still was
the
only one to go off when my gardeners ran past my open door with a petrol
Strimmer, I guess it was the pollution coming out of that thing that set
it off, but nothing from the others. I'm told you can test them with a
candle about a foot or so below them, but I'd not trust myself with such
a thing!

Brian

Aico EI3028 3000 Series White Multi-Sensor Heat & Carbon Monoxide Alarm
With SmartLINK Functionality, 10 Year Rechargeable Lithium Battery, Easi
Fit Base & Wireless Functionality 240V for kitchen and three Aico EI3016
3000 Series White Optical Smoke Alarm With SmartLINK Functionality, 10
Year Rechargeable Lithium Battery, Easi Fit Base & Wireless Functionality
240V for living room, hall and landing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2021 09:56, jon wrote:
[...]

Hopefully they are better than the wireless-linked stuff that Screwfix
were selling 30-odd years ago. I put in a set when I moved house and
they were totally unreliable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/04/2021 09:56, jon wrote:
[...]

Add one of these

https://www.aico.co.uk/product/ei450...rm-controller/

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/04/2021 16:48, newshound wrote:
On 27/04/2021 09:56, jon wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:19:00 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

And.....
Â* I just put up a couple of those 10 year ones, but my old one still was
Â* the
only one to go off when my gardeners ran past my open door with a petrol
Strimmer, I guess it was the pollution coming out of that thing that set
it off, but nothing from the others. I'm told you can test them with a
candle about a foot or so below them, but I'd not trust myself with such
Â* a thing!

Brian

Aico EI3028 3000 Series White Multi-Sensor Heat & Carbon Monoxide Alarm
With SmartLINK Functionality, 10 Year Rechargeable Lithium Battery, Easi
Fit Base & Wireless Functionality 240V for kitchen and three Aico EI3016
3000 Series White Optical Smoke Alarm With SmartLINK Functionality, 10
Year Rechargeable Lithium Battery, Easi Fit Base & Wireless Functionality
240V for living room, hall and landing.

Hopefully they are better than the wireless-linked stuff that Screwfix
were selling 30-odd years ago. I put in a set when I moved house and
they were totally unreliable.

I have been fitting the AICO wireless stuff for quite a few years now.

I have never had any problems.

One lad had problems but this was a mixture of hard wired interlinked
and wireless. He put two wireless bases (they are no longer wireless
bases but modules that fit into the smoke) and they were hardwired
interlinked to each other. If you do that and press the test button you
cannot stop them sounding.

--
Adam

Smoke alarm alarm Bert Coules UK diy 28 January 18th 21 11:19 AM
Connecting smoke alarm to burglar alarm robgraham UK diy 6 November 30th 10 10:00 AM
Smoke alarm or stink alarm LSMFT Home Repair 3 March 27th 10 11:55 PM
RF linked smoke and CO detectors/detectors Guy Dawson UK diy 0 November 29th 06 11:01 PM
Linked Smoke/Heat Detectors TheScullster UK diy 14 April 17th 05 02:32 PM