Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default New smoke detectors and heat alarm.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:19:00 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

And.....
I just put up a couple of those 10 year ones, but my old one still was
the
only one to go off when my gardeners ran past my open door with a petrol
Strimmer, I guess it was the pollution coming out of that thing that set
it off, but nothing from the others. I'm told you can test them with a
candle about a foot or so below them, but I'd not trust myself with such
a thing!

Brian

Aico EI3028 3000 Series White Multi-Sensor Heat & Carbon Monoxide Alarm
With SmartLINK Functionality, 10 Year Rechargeable Lithium Battery, Easi
Fit Base & Wireless Functionality 240V for kitchen and three Aico EI3016
3000 Series White Optical Smoke Alarm With SmartLINK Functionality, 10
Year Rechargeable Lithium Battery, Easi Fit Base & Wireless Functionality
240V for living room, hall and landing.