Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cleaning stone chippings

I have Cotswolds buff stones that looked dirty after a couple of years .I put bleach in a old watering can and squirted washing up liquid on them and used a yard brush and they are brilliant and white j synergy

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1200428-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2021 17:01, POPPY wrote:
I have Cotswolds buff stones that looked dirty after a couple of years
.I put bleach in a old watering can and squirted washing up liquid on
them and used a yard brush and they are brilliant and white j synergy

another 3-year old post !.

Now that lockdown is coming to an end I guess all those hibernating
frustrated home owners are venturing back into the daylight and
deciding that 'something must be done'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

POPPY expressed precisely :
I have Cotswolds buff stones that looked dirty after a couple of years .I put
bleach in a old watering can and squirted washing up liquid on them and used
a yard brush and they are brilliant and white j synergy

That's nice dear!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2021 19:16, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
POPPY expressed precisely :
I have Cotswolds buff stones that looked dirty after a couple of years
.I put bleach in a old watering can and squirted washing up liquid on
them and used a yard brush and they are brilliant and white j synergy

That's nice dear!

I once used neat 1001 carpet cleaner to remove a nasty stain from
a berber mottled light brown carpet, so there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew laid this down on his screen :
I once used neat 1001 carpet cleaner to remove a nasty stain from
a berber mottled light brown carpet, so there.

...and I once used tomato ketchup to remove a water stain down the
outside wall, where an overflow had been dripping for some time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2021 12:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Andrew laid this down on his screen :
I once used neat 1001 carpet cleaner to remove a nasty stain from
a berber mottled light brown carpet, so there.

..and I once used tomato ketchup to remove a water stain down the
outside wall, where an overflow had been dripping for some time.

The French use British brown sauce to clean their brass.