Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cleaning stone chippings

replying to stvlcnc43, Keith Thompson wrote:
Hello my fellow gardeners! Please advise best way to clean/brighten Cotswold
Stone (chippings) -size : 1/2" to 5/8" some 3/4". Yes I am still an old
fashioned pensioner! As a thought would Fairy Liquid mixed with vinegar do it?
I do not want to use wheelbarrow or pressure hose or vacuum! Thank you in
anticipation.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1200428-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TOJ TOJ is offline

On Fri, 17 May 2019 15:27:39 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

The great way this web portal ignores years seems not to have been
fixed.

It's not the site Brian, it's the idiots who don't bother to read the top line
of every post where the date includes the year.

--
TOJ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 17/05/2019 16:51, TOJ wrote:
It's not the site Brian, it's the idiots who don't bother to read the top line
of every post where the date includes the year.

Where is the date, I only use this on uk.d-i-y and although it may be my
settings I do not see any date.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/05/2019 17:20, ss wrote:
On 17/05/2019 16:51, TOJ wrote:
It's not the site Brian, it's the idiots who don't bother to read the
top line
of every post where the date includes the year.

Where is the date, I only use this on uk.d-i-y and although it may be my
settings I do not see any date.

It says you're using Thunderbird like me (though it could be lying)

in which case there's a date only if it's not today.

BUT when I click reply it puts the full time and date as in

On 17/05/2019 17:20, ss wrote:

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TOJ TOJ is offline

On Fri, 17 May 2019 17:20:38 +0100, ss wrote:

Where is the date, I only use this on uk.d-i-y and although it may be my
settings I do not see any date.

On the top line of every post on HomeOwnersHub site which 'borrows'
all our posts on uk.d-i-y ng and where people reply to posts from long
ago because they haven't checked the date. They've probably just searched
for 'stone chippings' and add their two penn'orth on the end.

--
TOJ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes but the problem really is it seems unless I'm missing something that
posts from different years get bundled together in months a lot on that
site.
You are right though about unobservant sighties, I am blind but maybe
because I am blind I hear the year when I go to the link in the message
quite clearly. They seem now to be offering posting rights to unregistered
users so I suspect we will see an increase in this kind of problem.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"TOJ" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 15:27:39 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

The great way this web portal ignores years seems not to have been
fixed.

It's not the site Brian, it's the idiots who don't bother to read the top
line
of every post where the date includes the year.

--
TOJ.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I can hear it quite plainly. Maybe your browser is the issue .
I did look on both firefox and waterfox and its certainly on the web site
on both, just down a bit from where you arrive from clicking the link to the
post.
Brian

--
----- --

"ss" wrote in message
On 17/05/2019 16:51, TOJ wrote:
It's not the site Brian, it's the idiots who don't bother to read the top
line
of every post where the date includes the year.

Where is the date, I only use this on uk.d-i-y and although it may be my
settings I do not see any date.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

you have to click the link, nothing appears in the posts here since its just
an abstract, the site does not put the date in the feed to usenet in a
correct way. However my issue is with the site as the posts here that are
to old threads all come from the web portal not usenet. The date and year
are on the page, but sadly the way the site sorts stuff is, shall we be
charitable here, quirky.
Brian

--
----- --

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
On 17/05/2019 17:20, ss wrote:
On 17/05/2019 16:51, TOJ wrote:
It's not the site Brian, it's the idiots who don't bother to read the
top line
of every post where the date includes the year.

Where is the date, I only use this on uk.d-i-y and although it may be my
settings I do not see any date.

It says you're using Thunderbird like me (though it could be lying)

in which case there's a date only if it's not today.

BUT when I click reply it puts the full time and date as in

On 17/05/2019 17:20, ss wrote:

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TOJ TOJ is offline

On Sat, 18 May 2019 07:54:52 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

They seem now to be offering posting rights to unregistered users so I
suspect we will see an increase in this kind of problem.

I don't know if you are able to killfile them Brian, I am able to because when
their posts appear in this ng their email contains @example.com, so I set
Pan to ignore all posts with that in. I only see them when you or others
reply to them or comment on their irrelevance.

--
TOJ.

What is the lightest (in weight) stone chippings or pea gravel I can buy? [email protected] UK diy 25 November 9th 16 12:42 PM
Chippings The Medway Handyman UK diy 13 September 24th 07 06:18 PM
Gravel / Chippings volume to weight ratio Steve Lowe UK diy 3 March 29th 06 07:06 AM
FA: 3-6 tonnes of ornamental stone chippings Matt Horn UK diy 0 May 31st 05 06:43 PM
roof chippings Jim S UK diy 3 April 18th 05 04:59 PM