Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Have you never ever ...

Bet on or been to a horse or greyhound race?

I haven't, or I may have been dragged into the company Grand National
sweepstake but I was never interested in watching it or the outcome.

That's not completely true, I always hoped it ended up without any
horse fatalities or injuries (typically leading to their slaughter,
'destroyed' ... as it wasn't 'cost effective' to spend any money on
making them healthy again), risks to the innocent animals just because
people like to treat them like a commodity or money making scheme? ;-(

Given the supporters of this cruelty can't actually go to the upcoming
'Cheltenham Festival' but will have to watch it on TV, what difference
would it be (to them) if these were 'virtual' horses and races but
(for the gamblers) have 'form' like the teams / players in any
computer game like Football Manger?

And let's face it, 'some people' will gamble on anything [1],
irrespective of the outcome or cost to themselves, their families (and
in this case, innocent creatures).

https://www.animalaid.org.uk/186-rac...illed-in-2019/

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/#c=3&j=&g=&sd=&ed=&p=1

Cheers, T i m

[1] Again, never actively bet / gambled money on anything, 'it's a
mugs game'.