Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Amazonian Jobsworthiness

Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/02/2021 19:20, gareth evans wrote:
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That seems a little odd, so much for discreet delivery. I'm not going for
the cheap joke option as I would imagine others might have done so.
Sometimes it makes you wonder about the observational powers of people.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"gareth evans" wrote in message
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:20:51 PM UTC, gareth evans wrote:
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

I'm afraid I surpass you but some years back having booked cheaper, senior citizen, tickets on line for the Prado I was amused/flattered when collecting them from the kiosk by a demand to see proof of age
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:47:54 AM UTC, fred wrote:
On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:20:51 PM UTC, gareth evans wrote:
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

I'm afraid I surpass you but some years back having booked cheaper, senior citizen, tickets on line for the Prado I was amused/flattered when collecting them from the kiosk by a demand to see proof of age

When I used to travel to New York a lot for work, the bars in JFK asked everyone for proof of age. They said it was to avoid hassle.

Jonathan