Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Amazonian Jobsworthiness

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:47:54 AM UTC, fred wrote:
On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:20:51 PM UTC, gareth evans wrote:
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

I'm afraid I surpass you but some years back having booked cheaper, senior citizen, tickets on line for the Prado I was amused/flattered when collecting them from the kiosk by a demand to see proof of age

When I used to travel to New York a lot for work, the bars in JFK asked everyone for proof of age. They said it was to avoid hassle.

Jonathan