DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Amazonian Jobsworthiness (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/685192-amazonian-jobsworthiness.html)

Gareth Evans February 25th 21 07:20 PM

Amazonian Jobsworthiness

Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

Jimmy Stewart ...[_2_] February 25th 21 07:48 PM

Amazonian Jobsworthiness

On 25/02/2021 19:20, gareth evans wrote:
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) February 26th 21 08:26 AM

Amazonian Jobsworthiness

That seems a little odd, so much for discreet delivery. I'm not going for
the cheap joke option as I would imagine others might have done so.
Sometimes it makes you wonder about the observational powers of people.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

fred[_8_] February 26th 21 09:47 AM

Amazonian Jobsworthiness

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:20:51 PM UTC, gareth evans wrote:
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

I'm afraid I surpass you but some years back having booked cheaper, senior citizen, tickets on line for the Prado I was amused/flattered when collecting them from the kiosk by a demand to see proof of age

Jonathan February 26th 21 04:37 PM

Amazonian Jobsworthiness

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:47:54 AM UTC, fred wrote:
On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:20:51 PM UTC, gareth evans wrote:
Having only just this week achieved the age of
three score years and ten, there is no way that
I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item
that required someone over the age of 18 to
take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my
date of birth before it would be handed
over.

I'm afraid I surpass you but some years back having booked cheaper, senior citizen, tickets on line for the Prado I was amused/flattered when collecting them from the kiosk by a demand to see proof of age

When I used to travel to New York a lot for work, the bars in JFK asked everyone for proof of age. They said it was to avoid hassle.

Jonathan