Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Temp reading on room stat (sort of)

I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central
heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-)
it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp 34C.
Batteries are new and I have tried sticking it in the fridge but still
registers at 34C.
Not an issue if I have to bin it but is there anything to try before I
do that?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/02/2021 00:21, ss wrote:
I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central
heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-)
it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp 34C.
Batteries are new and I have tried sticking it in the fridge but still
registers at 34C.
Not an issue if I have to bin it but is there anything to try before I
do that?

Sounds like it's had it. Only thing perhaps worth trying is to get into
"Installer Option" and see if anything there can unlock it. If that
doesn't work, and nothing else does, remember to remove the nearly-new
batteries before disposing of it,.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote in :

I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central
heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-)
it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp 34C.
Batteries are new and I have tried sticking it in the fridge but still
registers at 34C.
Not an issue if I have to bin it but is there anything to try before I
do that?

Is it stuck on 34 as a "demanded Temp"? Some button pressing been done.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP wrote:
ss wrote in :

I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central
heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-)
it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp 34C.
Batteries are new and I have tried sticking it in the fridge but still
registers at 34C.
Not an issue if I have to bin it but is there anything to try before I
do that?

Is it stuck on 34 as a "demanded Temp"? Some button pressing been done.

Yes, I find our room thermostat very confusing from that point of
view. Very counter-intuitive in button pressing terms.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 24/02/2021 09:36, Chris Green wrote:
JohnP wrote:
ss wrote in :

I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central
heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-)
it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp 34C.
Batteries are new and I have tried sticking it in the fridge but still
registers at 34C.
Not an issue if I have to bin it but is there anything to try before I
do that?

Is it stuck on 34 as a "demanded Temp"? Some button pressing been done.

Yes, I find our room thermostat very confusing from that point of
view. Very counter-intuitive in button pressing terms.

Messed with all the buttons and no change, so took batteries out and
left for a few minutes, replaced batteries and back to normal now. Doing
this probably reset it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP wrote:
ss wrote in :

I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central
heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-)
it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp 34C.
Batteries are new and I have tried sticking it in the fridge but still
registers at 34C.
Not an issue if I have to bin it but is there anything to try before I
do that?

Is it stuck on 34 as a "demanded Temp"? Some button pressing been done.

Yes, I find our room thermostat very confusing from that point of
view.Â* Very counter-intuitive in button pressing terms.

Messed with all the buttons and no change, so took batteries out and
left for a few minutes, replaced batteries and back to normal now. Doing
this probably reset it.

Yes. ISTR my radio stat loses its memory if left for a few minutes
without batteries.

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.