Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - TF card vs microSD card?

I've just seen details of a device which uses a TF card.

Hadn't heard of this before so I tried to look it up but the information
seems to be a bit garbled and different depending on where you look.

I THINK that a TF card is a subset of a microSD card. That is, it has the
same basic functionality but doesn't come with a write protect tab or
extra data channels for use e.g. as a bluetooth adapter.

However it might just be an early name for a microSD card.

Or not.

Anyone know for sure?

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell Latitude 7280 with Full HD and Thunderbolt (woo hoo)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2021 20:56, David wrote:
I've just seen details of a device which uses a TF card.

Hadn't heard of this before so I tried to look it up but the information
seems to be a bit garbled and different depending on where you look.

I THINK that a TF card is a subset of a microSD card. That is, it has the
same basic functionality but doesn't come with a write protect tab or
extra data channels for use e.g. as a bluetooth adapter.

However it might just be an early name for a microSD card.

Or not.

Anyone know for sure?

Cheers

Dave R

same as far as I can see...chinky stuff all mentions tf cars insread of
micro sd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
I THINK that a TF card is a subset of a microSD card. That is, it has the
same basic functionality but doesn't come with a write protect tab or
extra data channels for use e.g. as a bluetooth adapter.

However it might just be an early name for a microSD card.

They're the same. Vendors have to pay to use the SD card trademarks, so
cheapskate (mostly Chinese) vendors instead say they have a TF slot.

TransFlash was an early name for the cards before the SD Card Association
got involved, and presumably the trademark protection on that isn't as
strong as the SD trademarks.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2021 20:56, David wrote:
I've just seen details of a device which uses a TF card.

Hadn't heard of this before so I tried to look it up but the information
seems to be a bit garbled and different depending on where you look.

I THINK that a TF card is a subset of a microSD card. That is, it has the
same basic functionality but doesn't come with a write protect tab or
extra data channels for use e.g. as a bluetooth adapter.

Don't think a micros SD has a write protect tab either (unless you put
it into a MicroSD to SD card adapter.

However it might just be an early name for a microSD card.

Or not.

Anyone know for sure?

I get the impression that its basically an old name for what we now call
a microSD - that went out of use when the SD consortium bought the
technology, but it has gained some use again (possibly due to licensing
issues with the SD consortium).

There is a somewhat garbled article he

https://www.easeus.com/computer-inst...s-sd-card.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2021 21:30, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 23/02/2021 20:56, David wrote:
I've just seen details of a device which uses a TF card.

Hadn't heard of this before so I tried to look it up but the information
seems to be a bit garbled and different depending on where you look.

I THINK that a TF card is a subset of a microSD card. That is, it has the
same basic functionality but doesn't come with a write protect tab or
extra data channels for use e.g. as a bluetooth adapter.

However it might just be an early name for a microSD card.

Or not.

Anyone know for sure?

Cheers

Dave R

same as far as I can see...chinky stuff all mentions tf cars insread of
micro sd

my player says "TF CARD" in a chinese voice ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimmy Stewart" wrote in message
On 23/02/2021 21:30, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 23/02/2021 20:56, David wrote:
I've just seen details of a device which uses a TF card.

Hadn't heard of this before so I tried to look it up but the information
seems to be a bit garbled and different depending on where you look.

I THINK that a TF card is a subset of a microSD card. That is, it has
the
same basic functionality but doesn't come with a write protect tab or
extra data channels for use e.g. as a bluetooth adapter.

However it might just be an early name for a microSD card.

Or not.

Anyone know for sure?

same as far as I can see...chinky stuff all mentions tf cars insread of
micro sd

my player says "TF CARD" in a chinese voice ....

Then you should smash it with the largest waddy you can find.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:37:13 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waddy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/02/2021 17:21, Rod Speed wrote:

[...]

they could be big in Glasgow ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Thats why I told you that that is what you need.

Neanderthal clubs would go well too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 05:49:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That¢s why I told you that that is what you need.

What you need is a good dose of your Nembutal, you useless trolling senile
asshole!

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 00:08:15 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

[...]

Ta.

Better link that previously found.

English very much a second language.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell Latitude 7280 with Full HD and Thunderbolt (woo hoo)