Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default thing I found

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2021 14:11, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Looks like it could be an aftermarket external waste gate for a turbo
charger.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its obviously a thing.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

williamwright wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

The garish anodised colour made me think along the same lines as John
.... "Boy racer parts" so yes, dump valve

What is it

The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs

stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2117/6195/products/44mm_Piston_External_Wastegate_90277_2048x2048.jpg ?v=1606532450

https://darkroadperformance.co.uk/products/forge-motorsport-anodised-44mm-piston-external-turbo-wastegate-fmwcw1?variant=3587199795240
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2021 14:11, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

a fart can driver attention seeker ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns pretended :
The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs

stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

An expensive way to make a "fssssshhhh!!!" noise :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns pretended :

The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs
stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

An expensive way to make a "fssssshhhh!!!" noise :-)

You can also buy electronic fake ones ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2021 17:08, Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns pretended :

The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs
stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

An expensive way to make a "fssssshhhh!!!" noise :-)

You can also buy electronic fake ones ...

or get ones that you stick up your fart can.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Its obviously a thing.

No its not.

"williamwright" wrote in message
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So its nothing?
If its nothing why worry?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote
Its obviously a thing.

No its not.
"williamwright" wrote in message
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its been discarded as it stopped making the noise then. In the old days of
E-Bay one could just post a picture of an unknown object and set your
starting bid and see what happened. Not sure you could sell a broken thing
these days.
Mind you there are people out there who would dismantle, say a perfectly
working bit of gear and sell all the bits separately as that would raise
more money.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
Andy Burns pretended :
The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs

stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

An expensive way to make a "fssssshhhh!!!" noise :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah, that sounds like the same ideology as when CB was big you could put a
little light that flashed on top of your aerial. Completely pointless and
did not work in the UK as everything used FM not AM, so if it glowed at all
it was o the whole time your ptt was down. Also of course removing some of
the transmitted power in the process.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns pretended :

The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs
stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

An expensive way to make a "fssssshhhh!!!" noise :-)

You can also buy electronic fake ones ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:28:07 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

On 05/02/2021 14:11, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

a fart can driver attention seeker ....

Apparently there is something simular already fitted on my Golf R, only
works in race or individual mode selection.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 16:15:32 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Its obviously a thing.

No its not.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you abnormal senile pest?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2021 07:36, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
So its nothing?
If its nothing why worry?
Brian

But it is nice a shiny!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2021 17:49, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 05/02/2021 17:08, Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns pretended :

The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs
stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

An expensive way to make a "fssssshhhh!!!" noise :-)

You can also buy electronic fake ones ...

or get ones that you stick up your fart can.....

What, these ? -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Underwear-F.../dp/B01BYGTP8G
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2021 15:53, Andy Burns wrote:
williamwright wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

The garish anodised colour made me think along the same lines as John
... "Boy racer parts" so yes, dump valve

What is it

The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs

stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2117/6195/products/44mm_Piston_External_Wastegate_90277_2048x2048.jpg ?v=1606532450

https://darkroadperformance.co.uk/products/forge-motorsport-anodised-44mm-piston-external-turbo-wastegate-fmwcw1?variant=3587199795240

Wow! The exact one is only £200, but even so.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2021 07:57, jon wrote:
On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:28:07 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

On 05/02/2021 14:11, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

a fart can driver attention seeker ....

Apparently there is something simular already fitted on my Golf R, only
works in race or individual mode selection.

There is something similar fitter on any turbo engine - although usually
not anodized in a garish colour or designed to make lots of noise!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Its been discarded as it stopped making the noise then. In the old days of
E-Bay one could just post a picture of an unknown object and set your
starting bid and see what happened. Not sure you could sell a broken thing
these days.

Yes you can and can on Gumtree too.

Mind you there are people out there who would dismantle, say a perfectly
working bit of gear and sell all the bits separately as that would raise
more money.

Yeah, particularly with cars. And planes,
its happening right now with the A380.

Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
Andy Burns pretended :
The thing that goes "fssssshhhh!!!" when they change gear at high revs

stick it on eBay, it costs over £500

An expensive way to make a "fssssshhhh!!!" noise :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

So its nothing?

Nope. just not a thing.

If its nothing

It isnt.

why worry?

Why indeed.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote
Its obviously a thing.

No its not.
"williamwright" wrote in message
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 03:13:35 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2021 15:11, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/02/2021 07:57, jon wrote:
On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:28:07 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

On 05/02/2021 14:11, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

a fart can driver attention seeker ....

Apparently there is something simular already fitted on my Golf R, only
works in race or individual mode selection.

There is something similar fitter on any turbo engine - although usually
not anodized in a garish colour or designed to make lots of noise!

Not all. Some have variable geometry turbos and control the air delivery
by varying the turbo guide vanes. No wastegate is needed for those. They
are particularly common on diesels.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2021 07:57, jon wrote:
On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:28:07 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

On 05/02/2021 14:11, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

a fart can driver attention seeker ....

Apparently there is something simular already fitted on my Golf R, only
works in race or individual mode selection.

ha ha fart can fart can ....tee hee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2021 07:57, jon wrote:
On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:28:07 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

On 05/02/2021 14:11, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cet8grld9...thing.jpg?dl=0

I found this. What is it?

Bill

a fart can driver attention seeker ....

Apparently there is something simular already fitted on my Golf R, only
works in race or individual mode selection.

There is something similar fitter on any turbo engine - although
usually not anodized in a garish colour or designed to make lots of
noise!

Not all. Some have variable geometry turbos and control the air delivery
by varying the turbo guide vanes. No wastegate is needed for those. They
are particularly common on diesels.

In which case, I sit corrected :-)

--
Cheers,