Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT HHGTTG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can only echo Ford and Arthur:
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!! Nnnnnnnyyyyyyuuuuuurrrrrggghhh!!!

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And remember your towel.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Robin" wrote in message
On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can only echo Ford and Arthur:
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!! Nnnnnnnyyyyyyuuuuuurrrrrggghhh!!!

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

tv verson was best book and radio versions were rubbish

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/02/2021 05:51, Richard wrote:
On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can.

Actually a serious question.

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can listened the original on the radio, then read the books and
enjoyed them. The TV series was ok but for me the radio rendition was
better. The film was crap.

From the little I watched of this youtube version - not keen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 09:51, alan_m wrote:
On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can listened the original on the radio, then read the books and
enjoyed them. The TV series was ok but for me the radio rendition was
better. The film was crap.

From the little I watched of this youtube version - not keen.

I can listened the = I listened to the

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can.

Actually a serious question.

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

You have mail.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can.

Actually a serious question.

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

Does your van CD player cope with MP3 CDs?

Have you checked to see if it has a USB input somewhere? My 10 year old
car has - and recognises a memory stick with MPs on it. And you can get a
lot of CDs converted to MP3 on one.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can.

Actually a serious question.

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

Does your van CD player cope with MP3 CDs?

I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose.

Have you checked to see if it has a USB input somewhere? My 10 year old
car has - and recognises a memory stick with MPs on it. And you can get a
lot of CDs converted to MP3 on one.

No it does not. Some of the other vans do.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 11:24, ARW wrote:

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

Does your van CD player cope with MP3 CDs?

I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose.

I think that you can intercept computer audio using 'audacity' and use
the resultant file to burn a CD

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/02/2021 11:24, ARW wrote:

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

Does your van CD player cope with MP3 CDs?

I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose.

I think that you can intercept computer audio using 'audacity' and use
the resultant file to burn a CD

Anything is better than listening to Feltz.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 11:24, ARW wrote:

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

Does your van CD player cope with MP3 CDs?

I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose.

I think that you can intercept computer audio using 'audacity' and use
the resultant file to burn a CD

If by "intercept" you mean record, then using Audacity is good. But
with something that long it's much quicker to download the video (eg
with VLC), extract the audio (eg AviDemux), and then use Audacity to
convert if necessary to whatever format you want. (More recent/upmarket
cars play aac but some of us drive our sheds.)

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 11:24, ARW wrote:
On 01/02/2021 22:12, ARW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbr...ookArchaeology

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

I can.

Actually a serious question.

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

Does your van CD player cope with MP3 CDs?

I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose.

Have you checked to see if it has a USB input somewhere? My 10 year old
car has - and recognises a memory stick with MPs on it. And you can get a
lot of CDs converted to MP3 on one.

No it does not. Some of the other vans do.

Does it not have Bluetooth? I can play a media file on the phone and
through Bluetooth play on the car speakers.

I thought Bluetooth was pretty universal from the hands free obligation
when making calls. I trust your employer doesn't expect you to take
calls whilst travelling?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you checked to see if it has a USB input somewhere? My 10 year old
car has - and recognises a memory stick with MPs on it. And you can get a
lot of CDs converted to MP3 on one.

No it does not. Some of the other vans do.

Does it not have Bluetooth? I can play a media file on the phone and
through Bluetooth play on the car speakers.

I thought Bluetooth was pretty universal from the hands free obligation
when making calls. I trust your employer doesn't expect you to take
calls whilst travelling?

My car radio does have Bluetooth for the phone. But only the phone and its
contact etc list. Doesn't play music from it. But it's quite old.

--
wife.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you checked to see if it has a USB input somewhere? My 10 year old
car has - and recognises a memory stick with MPs on it. And you can get a
lot of CDs converted to MP3 on one.

No it does not. Some of the other vans do.

Does it not have Bluetooth? I can play a media file on the phone and
through Bluetooth play on the car speakers.

I thought Bluetooth was pretty universal from the hands free obligation
when making calls. I trust your employer doesn't expect you to take
calls whilst travelling?

My car radio does have Bluetooth for the phone. But only the phone and its
contact etc list. Doesn't play music from it. But it's quite old.

I thought mine was basic, but I can make it the audio output for media
files. Given the age of Adams's van I would be surprised if it didn't
the capability.

An old phone of mine had a FM output but new doesn't :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/02/2021 16:04, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Fredxx wrote:
[...]

It's a 10 plate van and has no aux input of bluetooth. In fact I am not
sure my 62 plate car has.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Â*Â*Â* Fredxx wrote:
[...]

It might be worth checking the model number of the head unit. When had
an 06 plate Focus, it had no aux input, but all it took to add it was a
specific lead that plugged into the back of the head unit and mounting
the 3.5mm jack socket, on the other end, into a switch position blanking
cover. Once I had that, I could plug all sorts of things in.