Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: another scam?

Perhaps this is more for a legal group? Someone in Oldham is selling a
colloidal silver spray device in a gateway that is supposed to 'sterilise'
customers. The rationale on the website is largely nonsense, and carefully
fails to directly address the problem of customers exhaling virus, which is of
course the main problem.

https://www.fumi-gate.co.uk/

Meanwhile there is evidence that a colloidal solver mist may be toxic to the
lungs.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...73230020301161

The makers may of course get round the toxicity problem by only using
homeopathic quantities of silver. Since it is unlikely to do any good however
much you use this may be the best compromise.

It will be interesting to see where this goes, assuming anyone at all buys
their device.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 14:01:46 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 13:58:58 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Meanwhile there is evidence that a colloidal solver mist may be toxic
to the lungs.

The body can't excrete it. Start taking it and you go blue.

Silver has phenomenal anti-microbial properties (see also: brass). One
reason silver plated cutlery was a thing.

One the basis that the intricacies of delivering colloidal silver are
many, I'd suggest this is a scam.

Ok for treatment of leg ulcers..but I would want to see the pharmacology
of the preparation first.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 13:58, Roger Hayter wrote:
Perhaps this is more for a legal group? Someone in Oldham is selling a
colloidal silver spray device in a gateway that is supposed to 'sterilise'
customers. The rationale on the website is largely nonsense, and carefully
fails to directly address the problem of customers exhaling virus, which is of
course the main problem.

https://www.fumi-gate.co.uk/

Meanwhile there is evidence that a colloidal solver mist may be toxic to the
lungs.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...73230020301161

The makers may of course get round the toxicity problem by only using
homeopathic quantities of silver. Since it is unlikely to do any good however
much you use this may be the best compromise.

It will be interesting to see where this goes, assuming anyone at all buys
their device.

Refer them to trading standards. I doubt there is any merit in their
claims. Certainly nothing that they can prove experimentally.

You can also find similar scams running using graphene.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default another scam?

Is this the same idea that a mist will lay dust problems by clumping them
together and making them fall to the ground?

I remember I used to work in a so called clean air room and that had all
kinds of air treatment going on even charging it up to a different polarity,
but people still caught colds.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Feb 2021 at 08:22:09 GMT, ""Brian Gaff \" Sofa\)"
wrote:

Is this the same idea that a mist will lay dust problems by clumping them
together and making them fall to the ground?

I remember I used to work in a so called clean air room and that had all
kinds of air treatment going on even charging it up to a different polarity,
but people still caught colds.

Brian

Apparently the silver attaches to virus cells and disrupts their oxygen
metabolism. This would be more credible if viruses had cells, or oxygen
metabolism for that matter.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Is this the same idea that a mist will lay dust problems by clumping them
together and making them fall to the ground?

Nope.

I remember I used to work in a so called clean air room and that had all
kinds of air treatment going on even charging it up to a different
polarity, but people still caught colds.

But those didn’t use colloidal silver.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 05:55:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless