Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Compulsary New Radiators

Further to my enquiry a couple of weeks ago, I have decided to have
(1700mm x 600mm x93mm) size vertical radiators mounted behind the doors of
3 bedrooms, 1 living room and 1 kitchen. The bathroom and downstairs
toilet can have similar size heated towel rails. This optimum and
arrangement should keep disruption down to a minimum in an occupied
tenancy.

https://www.bestheating.com/?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jon wrote:

Further to my enquiry a couple of weeks ago, I have decided to have
(1700mm x 600mm x93mm) size vertical radiators mounted behind the doors

Did you find what was meant by "heat pipe"?

If that's a ground or air source heat-pump, then they tend to run
radiators at lower temperature, so may require larger rads that expected
to give good performance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2021 08:21, jon wrote:

Further to my enquiry a couple of weeks ago, I have decided to have
(1700mm x 600mm x93mm) size vertical radiators mounted behind the doors of
3 bedrooms, 1 living room and 1 kitchen. The bathroom and downstairs
toilet can have similar size heated towel rails. This optimum and
arrangement should keep disruption down to a minimum in an occupied
tenancy.

https://www.bestheating.com/?

How have you sized those radiators? For looks and/easy installation
alone or for the actual heat output required with the water temperature
perhaps from an air sourced heat pump?

Who is paying, you or the housing association? If the latter have they
agreed to this?

You may find that in a living room and with a narrow vertical radiator
someone sitting closest to the radiator will be too hot whilst others
sitting in the room are too cold. Often in a room the area under the
window is a dead space where no-one sits so no-one is that close to the
radiator.

Is there going to be any seating near your vertical radiator?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 19 January 2021 at 11:18:34 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 19/01/2021 08:21, jon wrote:

[...]

In our last house the main bedroom had a bay window with fitted drawers below it so we could not have a radiator there and because of the bed position and other fitted furniture the radiator had to go on the opposite wall. Despite quite a reasonably sized radiator the window side of the room always was considerably cooler even after we had DG fitted and I insulated the section of wall below the window. Of course SWAMBO got the side of the bed nearest the radiator and never understood why I was reluctant to jump out of bed on my side especially in winter.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2021 08:21, jon wrote:

[...]

SiL had an over garage office in a house they rented with a vertical radiator behind the door and despite only having a fairly standard Velux window as the only natural light source, other than by the door the rest of the room was always cool.

Richard