Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Compulsary New Radiators

On 19/01/2021 08:21, jon wrote:

Further to my enquiry a couple of weeks ago, I have decided to have
(1700mm x 600mm x93mm) size vertical radiators mounted behind the doors of
3 bedrooms, 1 living room and 1 kitchen. The bathroom and downstairs
toilet can have similar size heated towel rails. This optimum and
arrangement should keep disruption down to a minimum in an occupied
tenancy.

https://www.bestheating.com/?

How have you sized those radiators? For looks and/easy installation
alone or for the actual heat output required with the water temperature
perhaps from an air sourced heat pump?

Who is paying, you or the housing association? If the latter have they
agreed to this?

You may find that in a living room and with a narrow vertical radiator
someone sitting closest to the radiator will be too hot whilst others
sitting in the room are too cold. Often in a room the area under the
window is a dead space where no-one sits so no-one is that close to the
radiator.

Is there going to be any seating near your vertical radiator?