Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Room thermostat wiring conundrum

John J wrote in
:

On Monday, 18 January 2021 at 16:26:09 UTC, JohnP wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:
In article ,
Pancho wrote:
This is exactly what happened to me when the boiler installer
misfitte

my new room thermostat.

Odd, isn't it? Now most boilers have electronic control, they are
still

fitted by a monkey with a 'gas safe' badge.

Yes - people call in a Plumber to fix a boiler! People expect an
electrician to be able to fix a washing machine.

What some tradesmen lack is an understanding of "Control Logic".

Time Served Qualified Plumber - what does this mean - can bend and
fit pipes?

I recall at a place where I worked we employed "Instalation
Electricians!

and "Maintenance Electricians" Different aptitudes.

I spent some time training service leavers to become electricians. The
company I worked for also ran training courses for plumbers and they
came to me for basic electrics as part of their course. The intent was
to educate them sufficient to safely install (in compliance with
building and wiring regulations) power supplies, bonding and controls
for central heating, showers etc. On completion of their course they
had a portfolio folder with all the stuff they had covered and been
assessed as doing correctly at least once. They could of course forget
it all when they went out of the gate .......

Agreed. Such schemes don't take into account the persons aptitude and
preferences.