Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT JW letter

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 12:47:05 +0000, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

They took my Aunt over the top and she committed suicide......****s.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

I wipe my arse with the one I got.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

The Spanish Flu pandemic targeted the young and healthy. Which is better?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 14:23, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

The Spanish Flu pandemic targeted the young and healthy. Which is better?

As an interest, some humans look at other animals and say 'ah, cute!'.
These animals are somewhere themselves in a food chain, and are killers
as well as food. They are in the game, for survival. Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Same with viruses.

I'm sure Covid looks 'cute' to another microorganism, and if they had
the means, they would build a 'virus zoo', organise petitions, do fund
raising and support the banning of dangerous chemicals like, er, bleach ...

Do they have "rights"?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

I wonder why they waste their money, mine went straight into the bin,
opened but unread.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

Some sixty years ago I had a 'discussion' with a JW, who insisted that
the world was going to end in a few years because it was all in the
bible. They recalculate every few years...it's a bit like fusion
reactors!

It was reputed that one of our masters at school answered their question
"Have you found God?" with "Oh, have you lost him?"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 14:39:26 +0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

On 16/01/2021 14:23, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

The Spanish Flu pandemic targeted the young and healthy. Which is better?

As an interest, some humans look at other animals and say 'ah, cute!'.

Most do I'd say, to some animal or the other. We even take our
children to the local farm, after telling them to be kind / gentle to
all the animals, then we kill the animals for them to eat?

When our daughter first learned that she was disgusted but we
continued with her indoctrination and normalisation of that conflict
of her / our morals till she worked it out for herself and stopped
being conflicted (by becoming vegan).

These animals are somewhere themselves in a food chain,

'It's actually mesh though', the interrelationships aren't linear
like a chain.

and are killers
as well as food.

Many aren't, other than of plants, eg, all the herbivores?

They are in the game, for survival.

Exactly ... and nature has generally worked a balance between the two,
for all the species that haven't been over-predated into extinction
etc. I think there needs to be a ratio of 1:10 (predator / prey by
biomass) for the predators to survive.

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

Same with viruses.

I'm sure Covid looks 'cute' to another microorganism, and if they had
the means, they would build a 'virus zoo', organise petitions, do fund
raising and support the banning of dangerous chemicals like, er, bleach ...

;-)

Do they have "rights"?

I think the decision over if they have or haven't is down to
sentience. A plant / bacteria can move as in a reaction to things but
not because they have made a conscious decision to, so taking away the
option to wouldn't be an infringement of their 'rights'. Of course we
need bacteria to survive so we couldn't even label all as good / bad
so the good bacterial need protecting.

Exploitation or symbiosis?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

People do get killed by cows from time to time.

Just saying. Please, ignore me and carry on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 16/01/2021 14:59, Jack Harry Teesdale wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

I wonder why they waste their money, mine went straight into the bin,
opened but unread.

Recycling bin, I hope?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 16/01/2021 14:23, GB wrote:
[...]

Seems like the JW's and vegans are pretty similar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 16:19, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

People do get killed by cows from time to time.

But AIUI they don't /eat/ people afterwards (and didn't even before the
risk of BSE).

I'll leave Tim Lamb to advise if trampled human would lead to better
fodder for them in due course.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 16:14:19 +0000, charles wrote:

wrote:

I’ve just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

Some sixty years ago I had a 'discussion' with a JW, who insisted that
the world was going to end in a few years because it was all in the
bible. They recalculate every few years...it's a bit like fusion
reactors!

It was reputed that one of our masters at school answered their
question "Have you found God?" with "Oh, have you lost him?"

......surely 'oh, have you lost it'
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 14:23, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

The Spanish Flu pandemic targeted the young and healthy. Which is better?

I know which I would prefer to be running riot right now. :-)

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 16:51, Robin wrote:
On 16/01/2021 16:19, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

People do get killed by cows from time to time.

But AIUI they don't /eat/ people afterwards (and didn't even before the
risk of BSE).

I'll leave Tim Lamb to advise if trampled human would lead to better
fodder for them in due course.

In this world the chief characteristic of Life is that it lives on dead
other things

Which makes T i m's tirades meaningless.
Hos organic beansprouts are reared on carnivore **** in all
probability

--
Progress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,

Ludwig von Mises

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

snip

I think the decision over if they have or haven't is down to
sentience. A plant / bacteria can move as in a reaction to things but
not because they have made a conscious decision to, so taking away the
option to wouldn't be an infringement of their 'rights'. Of course we
need bacteria to survive so we couldn't even label all as good / bad
so the good bacterial need protecting.

Exploitation or symbiosis?

How about ants, are they sufficiently sentient, social animals that
build their accommodation and organise foraging expeditions? Are they
more sentient than say pigs or cattle that do nothing of the sort?

You won't answer because you know the answer doesn't fit in your little
world.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 16/01/2021 14:23, GB wrote:
[...]

Hmm, they both look obsessed and fanatical.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

Some sixty years ago I had a 'discussion' with a JW, who insisted that
the world was going to end in a few years because it was all in the
bible. They recalculate every few years...it's a bit like fusion
reactors!

It was reputed that one of our masters at school answered their
question "Have you found God?" with "Oh, have you lost him?"

.....surely 'oh, have you lost it'

This was in the 1950s. God was a 'he' in those duys.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 16:19, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

People do get killed by cows from time to time.

Just saying. Please, ignore me and carry on.

Typically the dog-owners though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , GB
writes
On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

People do get killed by cows from time to time.

Big mistake to run away. Let the dog go and walk away.

Just saying. Please, ignore me and carry on.

OK.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Seems like the JW's and vegans are pretty similar.

do JWs refuse things such as vaccination on religious grounds?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 16:20, GB wrote:

Recycling bin, I hope?

I shred and compost such items of junk mail.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope (to
householder) with 2nd class stamp.

My joveys are a lot more hi tech than that. They used to
knock on the door,, but due to the virus they now ring you.

She wasnt very happy when I made my usual response
to the traditional 'how are you' so many callers start with.
I say 'I was alright until you called me'

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god has
been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable in
society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

I did lay that one on her when it became clear that is was another jovey
calling. And she did run that line that it was all spelt out in the bible
and
that that utter obscenity of their god would be fixing everything soon.

When I asked why it was taking countless millennia for that ******* to
fix infectious disease, she waffled on about time was different for a god.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote
Richard wrote
T i m wrote

Seems like the JW's and vegans are pretty similar.

do JWs refuse things such as vaccination on religious grounds?

Yep, particularly blood transfusions.

And they are vegys too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home to retarded senile Rot:
"sod off rod you don't have a clue about anything."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 07:14:54 +1100,cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 16/01/2021 14:23, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

The Spanish Flu pandemic targeted the young and healthy. Which is better?

As an interest, some humans look at other animals and say 'ah, cute!'.
These animals are somewhere themselves in a food chain, and are killers as
well as food. They are in the game, for survival. Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

We dont eat too many that eat humans, mostly just sharks.

Same with viruses.

I'm sure Covid looks 'cute' to another microorganism, and if they had the
means, they would build a 'virus zoo', organise petitions, do fund raising
and support the banning of dangerous chemicals like, er, bleach ...

Do they have "rights"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jack Harry Teesdale" wrote in message
On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope (to
householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

I wonder why they waste their money,

They get to go to heaven etc.

Its one of the few operations that still tithes.

mine went straight into the bin, opened but unread.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

People do get killed by cows from time to time.

But the cows dont eat them very often.

Pigs do.

Just saying. Please, ignore me and carry on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 16/01/2021 16:19, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

People do get killed by cows from time to time.

Just saying. Please, ignore me and carry on.

Typically the dog-owners though.

Only because they are much more common than walkers without dogs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:23:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Obnoxious Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 13:37:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's troll**** unread

--
dennis@home to retarded senile Rot:
"sod off rod you don't have a clue about anything."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Obnoxious Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:05:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What has happened of course is that they normally travel in 2s, then they
are being stopped from doorstepping by the covid rules. And I too know of
how some of these religious maniacs can target vulnerable folk. They
probably think they are helping, but so blinkered they are, they cannot
separate the harm they do from their well meant message.

Hank Marvin is one, by the way.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"jon" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 12:47:05 +0000, alan_m wrote:

I've just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovah's Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and vulnerable
in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in their bible.

They took my Aunt over the top and she committed suicide......****s.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes
Or improved battery technology, or the elixir of youth so you can live for
ever.

Not seen any JW's for a long time.
Clue to any religious belief is to look at the rewards. For JW's I think
only 2500 are going to be saved come the apocalypse and their chances
improve with the number of converts.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/01/2021 09:45, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes
Or improved battery technology, or the elixir of youth so you can live
for
ever.

Not seen any JW's for a long time.
Clue to any religious belief is to look at the rewards. For JW's I think
only 2500 are going to be saved come the apocalypse and their chances
improve with the number of converts.

Do you mean that most their converts can be considered as cannon fodder
and no better off than the unbelievers?