Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default TOT JW letter

On 16/01/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:

snip

I think the decision over if they have or haven't is down to
sentience. A plant / bacteria can move as in a reaction to things but
not because they have made a conscious decision to, so taking away the
option to wouldn't be an infringement of their 'rights'. Of course we
need bacteria to survive so we couldn't even label all as good / bad
so the good bacterial need protecting.

Exploitation or symbiosis?

How about ants, are they sufficiently sentient, social animals that
build their accommodation and organise foraging expeditions? Are they
more sentient than say pigs or cattle that do nothing of the sort?

You won't answer because you know the answer doesn't fit in your little
world.