Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT JW letter

In message , alan_m
writes
On 17/01/2021 09:45, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes
Or improved battery technology, or the elixir of youth so you can
live for
ever.

Not seen any JW's for a long time.
Clue to any religious belief is to look at the rewards. For JW's I
think only 2500 are going to be saved come the apocalypse and their
chances improve with the number of converts.

Do you mean that most their converts can be considered as cannon fodder
and no better off than the unbelievers?

That's cynical:-)

Presumably any convert can convert others and improve their own chances.

At least with Christianity you only have to be concerned with avoiding
sins as otherwise we are all going to have endless life..

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:
On 17/01/2021 09:45, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes
Or improved battery technology, or the elixir of youth so you can live
for
ever.

Not seen any JW's for a long time.
Clue to any religious belief is to look at the rewards. For JW's I think
only 2500 are going to be saved come the apocalypse and their chances
improve with the number of converts.

Do you mean that most their converts can be considered as cannon fodder
and no better off than the unbelievers?

Sort of religious pyramid selling! :-)

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 17:50, charles wrote:
In article ,
jon wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 16:14:19 +0000, charles wrote:

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 12:47:05 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

Ive just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovahs Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

Some sixty years ago I had a 'discussion' with a JW, who insisted that
the world was going to end in a few years because it was all in the
bible. They recalculate every few years...it's a bit like fusion
reactors!

It was reputed that one of our masters at school answered their
question "Have you found God?" with "Oh, have you lost him?"

.....surely 'oh, have you lost it'

This was in the 1950s. God was a 'he' in those duys.

Were those the guys who used to pile onto my late evening 281 bus in
Twickenham in those days?

They'd no idea where they wanted to go. I felt (as the conductor) that
I was quite the Good Shepherd...

PA