Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has Graham Norton got a sore throat ?

Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Then I pressed INFO on my Denon DM41 and I see that he is
being broadcast on MP2 80K *mono*. Very noticible change
from FM radio 2.

Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Is he broadcasting from a broom-cupboard at home, instead of a proper
studio?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2021 11:03, Andy Burns wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Is he broadcasting from a broom-cupboard at home, instead of a proper
studio?

His broom cupboard is probably more palatial than my living room, though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Is he broadcasting from a broom-cupboard at home, instead of a proper
studio?

His voice was as normal as it ever is in last night's BBC1 show. It used
to be recorded a couple of days before TX.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, try management *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2021 10:27, Andrew wrote:
Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Then I pressed INFO on my Denon DM41 and I see that he is
being broadcast on MP2 80K *mono*. Very noticible change
from FM radio 2.

Andrew

DAB is the problem...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Andrew wrote:

Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Is he broadcasting from a broom-cupboard at home, instead of a proper
studio?

Ours that does that due to the virus puts a towel over
his head at home and sounds the same as usual.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:51 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 03:51:40 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes the grittyness of some mono stuff is awful, try listening to some of the
freeview feeds of stations.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Then I pressed INFO on my Denon DM41 and I see that he is
being broadcast on MP2 80K *mono*. Very noticible change
from FM radio 2.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2021 14:37, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 09/01/2021 10:27, Andrew wrote:
Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and
noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he
has a sore throat.

Then I pressed INFO on my Denon DM41 and I see that he is
being broadcast on MP2 80K *mono*. Very noticible change
from FM radio 2.

Andrew

DAB is the problem...

80K Mono is fine for speech/discussion, but the distortion
with 'music' is too obvious compared to FM R2. I wonder why
they bother with DAB at all and don't just go 100% online ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I do, but I didn't think Virgin was on Freeview ?

Andrew

On 10/01/2021 12:42, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes the grittyness of some mono stuff is awful, try listening to some of the
freeview feeds of stations.
Brian

Republicans are sore losers.... Larry Jaques Metalworking 6 November 16th 08 02:59 AM
Republicans are sore losers.... Wes[_2_] Metalworking 17 November 13th 08 05:44 AM
Republicans are sore losers.... Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 8th 08 01:02 AM
I am sore. Roger Shoaf Metalworking 10 October 29th 08 01:54 AM
got my Norton water combos AAvK Woodworking 7 June 11th 05 12:42 AM