Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Killing the odour of creosote

Got creosote on some corduroy trousers while painting a fence. Swmbo says she washed them in her precious Miele, but on the past she has refused to use it for clothes that were too dirty, they still pong a bit. Personally i don't mind the smell of creosote, goes well with a dash of Jeyes fluid, but she witters on about it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

Got creosote on some corduroy trousers while painting a fence.

sugarsoap? traffic film remover?

Check labels of household cleaners for trisodium phosphate or trisodium
nitrilotriacetate
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 02:06:13 -0800 (PST), fred
wrote:

Got creosote on some corduroy trousers while painting a fence. Swmbo says she washed them in her precious Miele, but on the past she has refused to use it for clothes that were too dirty, they still pong a bit. Personally i don't mind the smell of creosote, goes well with a dash of Jeyes fluid, but she witters on about it.

I find rotting fish tends to mask other odours pretty well.

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Got creosote on some corduroy trousers while painting a fence. Swmbo says she washed them in her precious Miele, but on the past she has refused to use it for clothes that were too dirty, they still pong a bit. Personally i don't mind the smell of creosote, goes well with a dash of Jeyes fluid, but she witters on about it.

I find rotting fish tends to mask other odours pretty well.

Nick

Febreze swamps everything, but personally I would prefer the
smell of creosote to Febreze.

Milk spilt under the fridge or a kitchen unit becomes pretty
over-powering after a while.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2021 13:14, Andrew wrote:

Febreze swamps everything, but personally I would prefer the
smell of creosote to Febreze.

Many of their products are heavily perfumed but their "Fresh Cotton" is
fairly neutral - but seldom seen on the shelves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2021 13:17, alan_m wrote:
On 08/01/2021 13:14, Andrew wrote:

Febreze swamps everything, but personally I would prefer the
smell of creosote to Febreze.

Many of their products are heavily perfumed but their "Fresh Cotton" is
fairly neutral - but seldom seen on the shelves.

I always use it. Nothing better at getting sweaty smells out of
upholstery. Not sure about creosote tho.

Id rub in a mixture of paraffin and washing up liquid. Or swarfega.

Then wash again

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2021 10:06, fred wrote:
Got creosote on some corduroy trousers while painting a fence. Swmbo says she washed them in her precious Miele, but on the past she has refused to use it for clothes that were too dirty, they still pong a bit. Personally i don't mind the smell of creosote, goes well with a dash of Jeyes fluid, but she witters on about it.

Just hang it out on a washing line for a day or two.

Diesel odour fred[_8_] UK diy 6 March 2nd 13 09:57 PM
Creosote versus Creosote substitute Vortex2 UK diy 10 July 22nd 08 01:50 PM
Aaargh Killing black growth in toilet w/o killing 22 pound cat 1_Patriotic_Gal Home Repair 16 May 22nd 04 02:31 PM