Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wayfair

Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say I
was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came complete
with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap.

It was however a rather tense time punching out the tap hole!

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say I
was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came complete
with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap.

For some reason (maybe their adverts?) I assumed they were an "on the
never-never" outfit like BrightHouse ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 12:31:37 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Muddymike wrote:

Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say I
was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came complete
with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap.

For some reason (maybe their adverts?) I assumed they were an "on the
never-never" outfit like BrightHouse ...

I've ordered light fittings from them. When one of them came with the
mounting clip missing a hole they replaced the whole unit, and them I
discovered that I had the capability of supplying the missing hole.
The last item I ordered from them came direct from its German
manufacturer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Muddymike wrote:

Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say I
was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came complete
with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap.

For some reason (maybe their adverts?) I assumed they were an "on the
never-never" outfit like BrightHouse ...

I've ordered light fittings from them. When one of them came with the
mounting clip missing a hole they replaced the whole unit, and them I
discovered that I had the capability of supplying the missing hole.
The last item I ordered from them came direct from its German
manufacturer.

Yes. They seem to be like amazon or ebay, simply a front end and sales
concern for lots of manufacturers

--
€œProgress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,€

€“ Ludwig von Mises
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Muddymike wrote:

Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say I
was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came complete
with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap.

For some reason (maybe their adverts?) I assumed they were an "on the
never-never" outfit like BrightHouse ...

I somehow had them classified with the buy-now-pay-later crowd like
Littlewoods/Very, crossed with one of those link-farm things like Pinterest
or Picclick.

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 18:16:18 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

If there was a tap, why was there not a hole already, or did I miss
something?
Brian

Standard these days to not cut tap holes in sinks and baths to allow the
purchase to chose the tap(s) and the location.

If the whole thing is bundled then the vendor will not know where the tap
is wanted nor if another tap is going to be substituted.

Kitchen fitters are used to cutting tap holes.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2020 14:47, David wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 18:16:18 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

If there was a tap, why was there not a hole already, or did I miss
something?
Brian

Standard these days to not cut tap holes in sinks and baths to allow the
purchase to chose the tap(s) and the location.

how do you cut a hole in a china basin?

If the whole thing is bundled then the vendor will not know where the tap
is wanted nor if another tap is going to be substituted.

Kitchen fitters are used to cutting tap holes.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher presented the following explanation :
how do you cut a hole in a china basin?

Very carefully!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 18:16, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
If there was a tap, why was there not a hole already, or did I miss
something?
Brian

The sink could be used either hand so the tap hole has to be punched out
to suit.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2020 14:47, David wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 18:16:18 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

If there was a tap, why was there not aÂ* hole already, or did I miss
something?
Â* Brian

Standard these days to not cut tap holes in sinks and baths to allow the
purchase to chose the tap(s) and the location.

how do you cut a hole in a china basin?

With great trepidation!

Is not that difficult as the sink already has a pre moulded thin bit in
the recommended positions.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 12:31, Andy Burns wrote:
Muddymike wrote:

Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say
I was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came
complete with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap.

For some reason (maybe their adverts?) I assumed they were an "on the
never-never" outfit like BrightHouse ...

No they are a sort of general/department store online. STWNFI bought
curtains and wing back chairs from them in the past and found them to be
decent quality at sensible prices.

Mike