Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No compact 10.8v drills - has everyone gone power mad?

I have been vaguely looking for a second combi-drill/impact-driver set
to complement my existing Titan 10.8v pair which I love.

However no one (well neither Screwfix nor Toolstation) now seem to
have anything vaguely similar, there's not a single drill that doesn't
have a bulky sticking-out battery on the end of the handle.

The whole beauty of my 10.8v Titans is that the handle and battery are
all the same diameter. They are perfectly capable of driving all the
screws (up to 6mm) that I want to drive and with one spare battery can
keep up well with my use.

I think everyone has gone power mad! I don't need battery capacity
sufficient for a serious SDS drill, I just get my old mains powered
one if I need that. The portability and 'ease in the hand' of my
10.8v drills is what makes them so good for me.

--
Chris Green
·