Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default No compact 10.8v drills - has everyone gone power mad?

"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 13:46:08 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
However you are unlikely to be able to use a 10.8v battery pack in any
other device. With 12 or 18v there is a reasonable possibility of
finding them usable in other tools.

Wouldn't it be nice if battery packs were standardised across makers?

Certainly would.

I keep wishing for some cordless kitchen appliances (e.g. stick mixer) -
but would want to have to buy extra packs. And I am sure there are many
other areas than power tools that could use the same battery packs - if
everyone were so minded. And there could be real competition in terms of
capacity, reliability, price, etc.

I made sure that when I bought a cordless chainsaw, strimmer and hedge
trimmer, they were all of the same make (Black and Decker) and had
interchangeable batteries. This allows me to have one battery in use, one
that is cooling down waiting to accept charge, and one that has already
cooled and is charging, when I'm doing a lot of sawing up tree branches into
firewood logs.