Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains CO alarm EI261ENRC - replacement sensor

After discussing CO and alarms I was prompted to check our mains CO alarm
EI261ENRC.

Label says "Replace unit by August 2023" so that looks OK.

Hang on, there is another label which says "Replace sensor by August 2018"!

So I now have a job to do.

Which in turn prompts the question "Is there a standard base for mains
fire and CO sensors or do I have to potentially take them all back to bare
wires when they need replacing?".

Now checking if fire/smoke alarms also time out.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
So I now have a job to do.

Which in turn prompts the question "Is there a standard base for mains
fire and CO sensors or do I have to potentially take them all back to bare
wires when they need replacing?".

Why would you mess around? The only time you'll find out if your new sensor
works is if there's a dangerous situation, which is not the time to discover
your installation doesn't work.

You'll have to replace the unit in 3 years anyway, so why not replace the
whole thing for a new 10 years life? It's not like they're that expensive.

Now checking if fire/smoke alarms also time out.

They do.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 05:35:20 -0800, Owain Lastname wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 December 2020 at 11:53:48 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google)
wrote:
Label says "Replace unit by August 2023" so that looks OK.
Hang on, there is another label which says "Replace sensor by August
2018"!
Which in turn prompts the question "Is there a standard base for mains
fire and CO sensors or do I have to potentially take them all back to
bare wires when they need replacing?".

Aico used to do replacement sensors. They have been discontinued.
https://www.safelincs.co.uk/ei261men...r-for-261enrc-

series-co-alarms/

Replacement is Ei3018 which fits the Aico standard round base and looks
to be interlinkable with other Aico mains-powered detectors.

There is no general standard base for detectors, and you can only
interlink compatible ranges from the same manufacturer.

Owain

Thanks - very useful information. :-)

Cheers

Dave R