Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wifi strangeness

In message , T i m
writes
On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 09:08:00 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip

John has me worrying that having bullied her into switching on the wifi,
she is now carting it around a hospital!

Along with all the other patients, doctors and hospital staff you
mean? ;-)

I was more considering unwanted connections.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

John has me worrying that having bullied her into switching on the wifi,
she is now carting it around a hospital!

Along with all the other patients, doctors and hospital staff you
mean? ;-)

I was more considering unwanted connections.

Connections 'to' A's phone over WiFi from some external device?

I'd say most peoples smartphones have WiFi on all the time, unless
they were specifically trying to save power etc?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Dec 2020 12:54:45 +0000, T i m wrote:

John has me worrying that having bullied her into switching on

the
wifi, she is now carting it around a hospital!

Along with all the other patients, doctors and hospital staff you
mean? ;-)

I was more considering unwanted connections.

Connections 'to' A's phone over WiFi from some external device?

I'd say most peoples smartphones have WiFi on all the time, unless
they were specifically trying to save power etc?

Probably and even if on and searching for networks to connect to the
vast majority these days are encrypted and need a password before any
data connection is established (save for the one between the devices
to authenticate).

Of course having the thing hunting around all the time uses battery.

--
Cheers
Dave.