Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine leaking slightly

Every time I do a wash - which seems to be working fine - there is a
little puddle of water on the floor by the filtery thing at the bottom
right.

Machine is a curry's essential C510WM12 ...

I cant see if there is any kind of seal gone on the removable filter
thing at all and it doesn't seem to be a purchasable spare part...

any ideas?

--
€œwhen things get difficult you just have to lie€

€• Jean Claud Jüncker
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Fri, 04 Dec 2020 21:25:36 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Every time I do a wash - which seems to be working fine - there is a
little puddle of water on the floor by the filtery thing at the bottom
right.

Machine is a curry's essential C510WM12 ...

I cant see if there is any kind of seal gone on the removable filter
thing at all and it doesn't seem to be a purchasable spare part...

any ideas?

All my washing machines have been fitted with a fluff filter that could be
accessed from the front and cleaned out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2020 05:14, jon wrote:
On Fri, 04 Dec 2020 21:25:36 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Every time I do a wash - which seems to be working fine - there is a
little puddle of water on the floor by the filtery thing at the bottom
right.

Machine is a curry's essential C510WM12 ...

I cant see if there is any kind of seal gone on the removable filter
thing at all and it doesn't seem to be a purchasable spare part...

any ideas?

All my washing machines have been fitted with a fluff filter that could be
accessed from the front and cleaned out.

yes, so is this one, and of course I have. It is now I think leaking.

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Every time I do a wash - which seems to be working fine - there is a
little puddle of water on the floor by the filtery thing at the bottom
right.

Machine is a curry's essential C510WM12 ...

I cant see if there is any kind of seal gone on the removable filter
thing at all and it doesn't seem to be a purchasable spare part...

any ideas?

I had a look at the manual online and it looks like just about any other
filter.

What about temporarily sticking sellotape, duck tape, insulating tape,
etc where the filter plug meets the filter body. It should be enough to
seal it for a couple of washes. If you don't get water on the floor that
would suggest it's the fit between the plug and body. Maybe a tiny piece
of grit preventing a perfect seal? If it still leaks, then it's
something else. Hairline crack in the plug or body? Leak higher up which
is running down the filter body, and so it just looks like it's the
filter itself which is leaking?

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2020 08:08, Jeff Layman wrote:

Every time I do a wash - which seems to be working fine - there is a
little puddle of water on the floor by the filtery thing at the bottom
right.

Machine is a curry's essential C510WM12 ...

I cant see if there is any kind of seal gone on the removable filter
thing at all and it doesn't seem to be a purchasable spare part...

any ideas?

I had a look at the manual online and it looks like just about any other
filter.

yup. I agree

What about temporarily sticking sellotape, duck tape, insulating tape,
etc where the filter plug meets the filter body. It should be enough to
seal it for a couple of washes. If you don't get water on the floor that
would suggest it's the fit between the plug and body.

It tightens up very 'hard' as if there was no rubber seal.

Maybe a tiny piece
of grit preventing a perfect seal? If it still leaks, then it's
something else. Hairline crack in the plug or body? Leak higher up which
is running down the filter body, and so it just looks like it's the
filter itself which is leaking?

Good thoughts.

What should actually be in there? I had expected some kind of gauze, but
there is none.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Ours has very big holes on a horizontal plate. Anything smaller than a
5p would get through.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Normally a kind of plastic mesh or maybe some fingers to catch the threads
or fluff, there are many designs around some come out as a separate bit
others are joined to the screw in cap. On mine there seems to be a synthetic
rubber bit like you might see on the stopper of a hot water bottle.
Its a panasonic and I've never seen it leak. I do marvel though that nobody
makes the filter at a level where a bowl can be placed under it as you undo
it as it always ends up flooding the floor as its unscrewed.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I'm not sure. I think there was a fairly coarse gauze or sieve in ours,
but it wasn't removable. I'm sure bits and piece like loose buttons
might be stopped by it and you just then pulled them out the front. I
can't even remember if the filter plug on ours had a rubber washer, and
I'm loathe to remove to check in case it starts leaking when I put it back!

On the Smeg which was left when we moved in there was a bracket which
screwed down to prevent the filter plug turning and loosening slightly
through vibration. Is it possible your plug might have turned a fraction
and so allowed a small leak?

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 08:56:54 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

I do marvel though that nobody
makes the filter at a level where a bowl can be placed under it as you undo
it as it always ends up flooding the floor as its unscrewed.
Brian

The answer is an oven tray.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I do marvel though that nobody
makes the filter at a level where a bowl can be placed under it as you undo
it as it always ends up flooding the floor as its unscrewed.
Brian

The answer is an oven tray.

Or a paint roller tray. This could go on a while :-)

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2020 09:47, Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

There is something whose purpose I do not understand there, and when
trying to tighten it I seem to reach a hard stop.

I will have another look

--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

Frédéric Bastiat
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I do marvel though that nobody makes the filter at a level where a bowl
can be placed under it as you undo it as it always ends up flooding the
floor as its unscrewed.
Brian

The answer is an oven tray.

Exactly what I use. And the emptying is more controlled since our Bosch
has a draining pipe with a plug.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I removed the rubber ring seal and reversed it and now it tightens up
with more sponginess.

I will report back next wash. 14 days prolly

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2020 08:50, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Yes there is often an impeller inside and a turn thingy to remove to get at
it and flood the floor as an added extra. These often seem to have a spring
or rubber seal to seal them, but I thought he said it was not obviously
coming from the seal?

Mine latest one (Bosch) has an impeller rather than a filter with the
effect you describe. I wonder what the practical difference is?
(Previously I had a Zanussi which had a filter accessible inside the drum.)

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Well! I did two washes today and no leaks. It looks like the washer had
been compressed too much

It also looks like standard basin drain washer might fit if it happens
again...

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy

Washing Machine Motors - What a Difference From Mom's Old Washing Machine Bob La Londe[_7_] Metalworking 15 August 29th 17 10:17 PM
leaking washing machine ron UK diy 3 July 9th 04 04:19 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 January 4th 04 07:25 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 December 15th 03 05:36 AM
Leaking Washing Machine Drum Phil Young UK diy 10 October 7th 03 05:05 PM