Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built in Bosch combi microwave - remove to replace light???

I need to replace the internal light in our Bosch combi microwave.

The instructions say to turn off the mains supply.
Fair enough - you have to have the door open which turns the light on so
you wouldn't want to "hot swap" the bulb.

However the instructions then say to remove the two retaining screws which
hold the oven into the cabinet, and to completely remove the oven before
replacing the bulb.

At the moment I am struggling to understand why you would need to do that.

Unless it is some H&S belt and braces to ensure that you really have
disconnected the oven from the mains.

Can anyone think of a valid reason?

Cheers

Dave R