Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joe Joe is offline

Default Fridge freezer- replace light switch in Fridge freezer - (Bosch KGV3120GB/04 UK)

*For the info of others .....*
I replaced the switch which operates the interior light. This is housed
inside the top front panel - operated by the movement of the door.

The switch is in the panel which contains the temperature and on/off
switches. This panel is approximately 60cm wide by 5cm high by 4cm deep
and runs across the top of the fridge freezer above the fridge door.

This Bosch fridge freezer was purchased in 2000; I have seen other Bosch
models which look as though they have the same type of fitting
arrangement. Bosch switch part number was 067747.

*In Jan 2015* I obtained a replacement from espares.co.uk
(electricalsales.co.uk) "Refrigerator light switch"
Their part number is *ES653499* which they say is equivalent to Bosch
spares reference number 031166. The terminals are slightly smaller than
in the orginal 067747 switch but they still work without any change to the
push-on spade terminals.

To remove the top front fascia panel.
1. Unscrew two vertical screws (white with cross heads).
2. Use finger nails to ease up the rear edge of the fascia panel along
its entire length - it "sits" across the top of the fridge. After easing
upwards, use fingernails to pull it forward very slightly.
3. *Carefully* rotate the fascia panel so that it can rest on top of the
fridge (it has cables leading to it).
To remove the switch.
1. Remove the clip-on mains cable connectors
2. Use a small screwdriver to press in the small plasic clip at front/rear
of the switch and apply downward pressure to push the front/rear of the
switch into the slot.
3. Do the same at the front of the switch.
4. Push the switch down and then rotate it sideways so that the terminals
clear the hole.
Reverse the process to install the new switch.

bosch fridge freezer lorrainehl UK diy 5 April 8th 13 01:29 PM
the fan in the fridge part of Bosch frost free fridge-freezer hasstopped [email protected] UK diy 12 October 15th 08 01:22 AM
Do I have to replace fridge-freezer? Timothy Murphy UK diy 34 January 26th 06 08:38 AM
Fridge freezer - how to remove top front panel (Bosch KGV3120GB/04 UK model) Joe UK diy 2 October 22nd 03 12:31 PM
Hotpoint Fridge Freezer - Freezer defrosted red light on any ideas? Suz UK diy 0 September 5th 03 12:59 AM