Junior Member

Default bosch fridge freezer

Hi, I have a Bosch fridge freezer about 8yrs old, was working perfectly until recently when we moved house. It was'nt bumped, knocked, laid down or anything during the move and was left to settle for 24hrs before plugging in.When i did plug it in, there is power as the internal light and temperature control light is on but there is no cooling/freezing and no sound at all. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2013 16:38, lorrainehl wrote:
Hi, I have a Bosch fridge freezer about 8yrs old, was working perfectly
until recently when we moved house. It was'nt bumped, knocked, laid down
or anything during the move and was left to settle for 24hrs before
plugging in.When i did plug it in, there is power as the internal light
and temperature control light is on but there is no cooling/freezing and
no sound at all. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks!

It could be the thermostat. Make sure you've turned it back to cold
after you defrosted it before moving and if that isn't it, carefully
short out the connections to the thermostat and see if it starts then.

Thermostats are pretty easy to replace. If it's anything else it's
probably scrap.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:44:09 PM UTC+1, Andy Champ wrote:
On 07/04/2013 16:38, lorrainehl wrote:

Hi, I have a Bosch fridge freezer about 8yrs old, was working perfectly
until recently when we moved house. It was'nt bumped, knocked, laid down
or anything during the move and was left to settle for 24hrs before
plugging in.When i did plug it in, there is power as the internal light
and temperature control light is on but there is no cooling/freezing and
no sound at all. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks!

It could be the thermostat. Make sure you've turned it back to cold
after you defrosted it before moving and if that isn't it, carefully
short out the connections to the thermostat and see if it starts then.
Thermostats are pretty easy to replace. If it's anything else it's
probably scrap.
Andy

Several possibilities, thermostat most likely. I assume you've checked plug & fuse. Claening the stat contacts with extrafine sandpaper may be needed.

NT
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Champ[_2_] View Post
On 07/04/2013 16:38, lorrainehl wrote:
Hi, I have a Bosch fridge freezer about 8yrs old, was working perfectly
until recently when we moved house. It was'nt bumped, knocked, laid down
or anything during the move and was left to settle for 24hrs before
plugging in.When i did plug it in, there is power as the internal light
and temperature control light is on but there is no cooling/freezing and
no sound at all. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks!

It could be the thermostat. Make sure you've turned it back to cold
after you defrosted it before moving and if that isn't it, carefully
short out the connections to the thermostat and see if it starts then.

Thermostats are pretty easy to replace. If it's anything else it's
probably scrap.

Andy

Hi, it's definately set to cold so i will check the thermostat and see what happens. Thanks Andy
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Hi, plug and fuse ok and will be checking the thermostat today. Thanks NT!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Most likely still turned off on the stat.