Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hdmi as a monitor

Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 25/11/2020 16:46, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Easiest thing to do first, is check whether you tv has in its settings
"exact pixel" or "unscaled" or similar under the picture format options.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 25/11/2020 16:53, Lee wrote:
On 25/11/2020 16:46, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except
the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I
can'tÂ* find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Easiest thing to do first, is check whether you tv has in its settings
"exact pixel"Â* or "unscaled" or similar under the picture format options.

If you have to resort to adjusting the PC, a piece of software that has
been around a long time called "PowerStrip" still works in Windows 10.
That can adjust for overscan in most cases.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/11/2020 16:46:17, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well
except the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10
pro. I can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Many TVs allow for overscan. I have had the same problem. Can you look
into the menus, to find it? Or look for overscan, or scan in the online
manual?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/11/2020 16:46, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Have a look at the picture settings in the TV's own menu - particularly
at the available aspect ratios. The LG TV which I'm using as a third
monitor has something called "Just Scan" which seems to get rid of the
overscan.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except
the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I
can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Almost certainly the TV overscanning. Look for a setting in its menu.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/11/2020 16:46, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

If it has one, try a different HDMI socket on the TV.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 08:46:17 -0800 (PST), Lawrence Milbourn wrote:

Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except
the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I
can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Dig through the TV's menu structure and turn off any "over scan"
feature.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 November 2020 at 16:46:27 UTC, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Thanks guys. Found a setting in format called original!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/11/2020 17:12, Roger Mills wrote:
On 25/11/2020 16:46, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except
the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I
can'tÂ* find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Have a look at the picture settings in the TV's own menu - particularly
at the available aspect ratios. The LG TV which I'm using as a third
monitor has something called "Just Scan" which seems to get rid of the
overscan.

My Samsung 22 inch Smart TV was also set to something like overscan,
as it was known in CRT tv days. I altered this setting and then
the TV showed the same screen as a normal monitor. In its factory
setting the extreme inch or so of the desktop was 'off screen'