Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Hdmi as a monitor

On 25/11/2020 17:12, Roger Mills wrote:
On 25/11/2020 16:46, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except
the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I
can'tÂ* find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Have a look at the picture settings in the TV's own menu - particularly
at the available aspect ratios. The LG TV which I'm using as a third
monitor has something called "Just Scan" which seems to get rid of the
overscan.

My Samsung 22 inch Smart TV was also set to something like overscan,
as it was known in CRT tv days. I altered this setting and then
the TV showed the same screen as a normal monitor. In its factory
setting the extreme inch or so of the desktop was 'off screen'