Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Floor temp for radiator sizing

I'm struggling to find a reference to the floor temperature and how to
calculate heatloss though the floor.

I have, through a link on the diyfaq:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...heating_design

a link:
http://yaph.co.uk/heating/boiler_sizing.xls

but that assumes a temperature difference for the floor of 27C which
can't be right.

I don't seem to have joy with other links on this page:
http://www.idhee.org.uk/calculator.html
goes to 404 not found,

http://www.est.org.uk/uploads/docume...dings/ce54.pdf
goes to DNS error

http://www.quinn-radiators.co.uk/downloads_heatloss.php
jumps to their home page.

Does anyone have a reference link for u-values and prospective ground
temperature?

Many thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2020 14:08, Fredxx wrote:
I'm struggling to find a reference to the floor temperature and how to
calculate heatloss though the floor.

I have, through a link on the diyfaq:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...heating_design

a link:
http://yaph.co.uk/heating/boiler_sizing.xls

but that assumes a temperature difference for the floor of 27C which
can't be right.

I don't seem to have joy with other links on this page:
http://www.idhee.org.uk/calculator.html
goes to 404 not found,

http://www.est.org.uk/uploads/docume...dings/ce54.pdf
goes to DNS error

http://www.quinn-radiators.co.uk/downloads_heatloss.php
jumps to their home page.

Does anyone have a reference link for u-values and prospective ground
temperature?

Many thanks

Anything here of use?
https://www.tombling.com/heaters/heatloss.htm
(it refers to a concrete floor U or 0.7. It also uses an internal temp
of 20 deg and external of -5 deg, giving 25 deg in total, which wouldn't
be far off your 27 Deg)

https://web.ornl.gov/sci/buildings/conf-archive/2007%20B10%20papers/222_Roots.pdf

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2020 11:35:58, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 19/11/2020 14:08, Fredxx wrote:
I'm struggling to find a reference to the floor temperature and how to
calculate heatloss though the floor.

I have, through a link on the diyfaq:
Â*Â*Â* http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...heating_design

a link:
Â*Â*Â* http://yaph.co.uk/heating/boiler_sizing.xls

but that assumes a temperature difference for the floor of 27C which
can't be right.

I don't seem to have joy with otherÂ*Â* links on this page:
Â*Â*Â* http://www.idhee.org.uk/calculator.html
goes to 404 not found,

Â*Â*Â* http://www.est.org.uk/uploads/docume...dings/ce54.pdf
goes to DNS error

Â*Â*Â* http://www.quinn-radiators.co.uk/downloads_heatloss.php
jumps to their home page.

Does anyone have a reference link for u-values and prospective ground
temperature?

Many thanks

Anything here of use?
https://www.tombling.com/heaters/heatloss.htm
(it refers to a concrete floor U or 0.7. It also uses an internal temp
of 20 deg and external of -5 deg, giving 25 deg in total, which wouldn't
be far off your 27 Deg)

https://web.ornl.gov/sci/buildings/conf-archive/2007%20B10%20papers/222_Roots.pdf

Many thanks.

Both of those links refer to ground temperature as being the same as
external air temperature.

There has been some more recent interest in soil/ground temperature with
the take-up of ground source heating and these suggest a minimum
temperature of 6C 0.5m below the ground.

I am assuming my floor is a solid raft with no insulation so any more
critical on temperature.

So far I'm assuming a 15C temperature difference for the slab, but not
sure if the U-factors for floors are fudged to include this.

Optimum boiler temp and hot water temp Steve S \(another one\) UK diy 20 March 15th 08 09:34 AM
TRV temp control or Boiler temp control? Edward Holt UK diy 11 November 19th 06 11:41 PM
Radiator Pipe Sizing Gary UK diy 1 July 18th 06 11:35 AM
low temp snap action temp switch needed Albert Electronics Repair 4 November 15th 04 02:25 AM
Designing a circuit to control heater output temp depending on temp of an input James Electronics 18 April 7th 04 04:12 PM