DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Floor temp for radiator sizing (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/682381-floor-temp-radiator-sizing.html)

Fredxx[_3_] November 19th 20 02:08 PM

Floor temp for radiator sizing

I'm struggling to find a reference to the floor temperature and how to
calculate heatloss though the floor.

I have, through a link on the diyfaq:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...heating_design

a link:
http://yaph.co.uk/heating/boiler_sizing.xls

but that assumes a temperature difference for the floor of 27C which
can't be right.

I don't seem to have joy with other links on this page:
http://www.idhee.org.uk/calculator.html
goes to 404 not found,

http://www.est.org.uk/uploads/docume...dings/ce54.pdf
goes to DNS error

http://www.quinn-radiators.co.uk/downloads_heatloss.php
jumps to their home page.

Does anyone have a reference link for u-values and prospective ground
temperature?

Many thanks

Jeff Layman[_2_] November 20th 20 11:35 AM

On 19/11/2020 14:08, Fredxx wrote:
I'm struggling to find a reference to the floor temperature and how to
calculate heatloss though the floor.

I have, through a link on the diyfaq:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...heating_design

a link:
http://yaph.co.uk/heating/boiler_sizing.xls

but that assumes a temperature difference for the floor of 27C which
can't be right.

I don't seem to have joy with other links on this page:
http://www.idhee.org.uk/calculator.html
goes to 404 not found,

http://www.est.org.uk/uploads/docume...dings/ce54.pdf
goes to DNS error

http://www.quinn-radiators.co.uk/downloads_heatloss.php
jumps to their home page.

Does anyone have a reference link for u-values and prospective ground
temperature?

Many thanks

Anything here of use?
https://www.tombling.com/heaters/heatloss.htm
(it refers to a concrete floor U or 0.7. It also uses an internal temp
of 20 deg and external of -5 deg, giving 25 deg in total, which wouldn't
be far off your 27 Deg)

https://web.ornl.gov/sci/buildings/conf-archive/2007%20B10%20papers/222_Roots.pdf

--

Jeff

Fredxx[_3_] November 20th 20 01:55 PM

On 20/11/2020 11:35:58, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 19/11/2020 14:08, Fredxx wrote:
I'm struggling to find a reference to the floor temperature and how to
calculate heatloss though the floor.

I have, through a link on the diyfaq:
Â*Â*Â* http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...heating_design

a link:
Â*Â*Â* http://yaph.co.uk/heating/boiler_sizing.xls

but that assumes a temperature difference for the floor of 27C which
can't be right.

I don't seem to have joy with otherÂ*Â* links on this page:
Â*Â*Â* http://www.idhee.org.uk/calculator.html
goes to 404 not found,

Â*Â*Â* http://www.est.org.uk/uploads/docume...dings/ce54.pdf
goes to DNS error

Â*Â*Â* http://www.quinn-radiators.co.uk/downloads_heatloss.php
jumps to their home page.

Does anyone have a reference link for u-values and prospective ground
temperature?

Many thanks

Anything here of use?
https://www.tombling.com/heaters/heatloss.htm
(it refers to a concrete floor U or 0.7. It also uses an internal temp
of 20 deg and external of -5 deg, giving 25 deg in total, which wouldn't
be far off your 27 Deg)

https://web.ornl.gov/sci/buildings/conf-archive/2007%20B10%20papers/222_Roots.pdf

Many thanks.

Both of those links refer to ground temperature as being the same as
external air temperature.

There has been some more recent interest in soil/ground temperature with
the take-up of ground source heating and these suggest a minimum
temperature of 6C 0.5m below the ground.

I am assuming my floor is a solid raft with no insulation so any more
critical on temperature.

So far I'm assuming a 15C temperature difference for the slab, but not
sure if the U-factors for floors are fudged to include this.