Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Zanussi cond'sr dryer ZDP7207PZ drying time

This has just replaced old model which we had for many years & could set for short time 15 mins on the manual dial settings. This new model has only push-buttons & we cannot set it for less than 30 mins (big increase in running cost) . Any advice/solution greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/11/2020 18:24, David Oreton wrote:
This has just replaced old model which we had for many years & could set for short time 15 mins on the manual dial settings. This new model has only push-buttons & we cannot set it for less than 30 mins (big increase in running cost) . Any advice/solution greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Why not just turn it off when 15 minutes has been reached? You can
always switch it off at the mains if for some reason it doesn't respond
to turning off with its own controls.

Modern tumble dryers dry to a specific water content rather than on
time. Have you tried it with the minimum 30 minute setting to see how
dry the laundry is?

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jeff Layman wrote:

David Oreton wrote:

This has just replaced old model which we had for many years & could
set for short time 15 mins on the manual dial settings. This new model
has only push-buttons & we cannot set it for less than 30 mins

Modern tumble dryers dry to a specific water content

It does list "sensor drying" in the features, I generally set mine for
"hanger dry" and let the machine decide, or "extra dry" for towels,
"iron dry" I've no idea what that's for!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/11/2020 22:38, Andy Burns wrote:

Modern tumble dryers dry to a specific water content

I find that if I hang absorbent things up for a day them put them in the
drier with the other things I can reduce running time by 50%.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jeff Layman wrote:

David Oreton wrote:

This has just replaced old model which we had for many years & could
set for short time 15 mins on the manual dial settings. This new model
has only push-buttons & we cannot set it for less than 30 mins

Modern tumble dryers dry to a specific water content

It does list "sensor drying" in the features, I generally set mine for
"hanger dry" and let the machine decide, or "extra dry" for towels,
"iron dry" I've no idea what that's for!

I've always assumed it leaves things slightly damp, so that when they
are ironed a small amount of steam is generated to assist in removing
any creases.

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 05:25:27 +0000, williamwright wrote:

Modern tumble dryers dry to a specific water content

I find that if I hang absorbent things up for a day ...

they are dry

... them ...

have no need to put them in the

... drier ...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Mon, 09 Nov 2020 09:54:42 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Jeff Layman wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

It does list "sensor drying" in the features, I generally set mine for
"hanger dry" and let the machine decide, or "extra dry" for towels,
"iron dry" I've no idea what that's for!

I've always assumed it leaves things slightly damp, so that when they
are ironed a small amount of steam is generated to assist in removing
any creases.

whoosh

Or if you lay it on iron it goes rusty.