Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default Galvonic isolator position

where should the galvonic isolator be positioned in relation to a
virginmedia modem/router?.....I relocated the box to the upper floor of
the house using a good coax leaving the isolator down stairs this seemed
to cause problems with my internet connection idea why?
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 11:52, jim.gm4dhj wrote:
where should the galvonic isolator be positioned in relation to a
virginmedia modem/router?.....I relocated the box to the upper floor of
the house using a good coax leaving the isolator down stairs this seemed
to cause problems with my internet connection idea why?

Depends on where you have the dilithium crystals.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

newshound wrote:
On 06/11/2020 11:52, jim.gm4dhj wrote:
where should the galvonic isolator be positioned in relation to a
virginmedia modem/router?.....I relocated the box to the upper floor of
the house using a good coax leaving the isolator down stairs this seemed
to cause problems with my internet connection idea why?

Depends on where you have the dilithium crystals.

Just keep them away from the flux capacitor...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 13:18, newshound wrote:
On 06/11/2020 11:52, jim.gm4dhj wrote:
where should the galvonic isolator be positioned in relation to a
virginmedia modem/router?.....I relocated the box to the upper floor
of the house using a good coax leaving the isolator down stairs this
seemed to cause problems with my internet connection idea why?

Depends on where you have the dilithium crystals.

And whether or not an unobtanium gasket is fitted..

"Saki"
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Well, surely the whole idea is to try to remove your transmitted signal from
the modem or anything connected to it. So for a start are you sure of the
mechanism its getting into? Generally, it seems if you live next door to a
ham and are on BT then its far more difficult than on virgin unless its
fibre to the home,
I would leave the Virgin hub where it is, make it into a modem only then buy
yourself a nice shine router and stick that on the end of a good quality
network cable. The wireless will be better and from tests someone I know
did, very little is getting back to the hub. It seems as you deduce that the
main problem is that the hub is fed by coax, and it is the sheath of this
which is picking up the signals. Its counter intuitive I know that bits of
open wire in a plastic bundle seem better than a screened cable, but proof
of pudding and eating, and you may have other issues, even the length of the
coax can cause issues if its a quarter wave at the transmitting frequency,
I'd imagine.
Back in the old CB days one used to use braid breakers on tvs, but I do not
know what effect that kind of device might have on a broadband signal, as by
definition it is,um broad band!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 06/11/2020 11:52, jim.gm4dhj wrote:
where should the galvonic isolator be positioned in relation to a
virginmedia modem/router?.....I relocated the box to the upper floor of
the house using a good coax leaving the isolator down stairs this seemed
to cause problems with my internet connection idea why?

Depends on where you have the dilithium crystals.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

On 7 Nov 2020 at 07:41:18 GMT, ""Brian Gaff \" Sofa\)"
wrote:

[...]

The merit of your ethernet solution is that it already has galvanic isolation.
Unless you use shielded ethernet cable, which is often counterproductive
unless the whole system is designed for it.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Another one showing how little he knows.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

well help us out brian reay
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

never mind I have now located it upstairs just before the router/wifi
and all is well .....thanks for nothing

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 15:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

never mind I have now located it upstairs just before the router/wifi
and all is well .....thanks for nothing

Wow. send us a picture. No one here has ever seen a galvonic isolator

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 15:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

never mind I have now located it upstairs just before the router/wifi
and all is well .....thanks for nothing

Wow. send us a picture. No one here has ever seen a galvonic isolator

OK friggin "Galvanic" then....happy?...jeeezuz
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
On 06/11/2020 15:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

never mind I have now located it upstairs just before the
router/wifi and all is well .....thanks for nothing

Wow. send us a picture. No one here has ever seen a galvonic
isolator

OK friggin "Galvanic" then....happy?...jeeezuz

You were just using the Paisley vernacular - weren't you, Jim.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

You can always count on Jim to "bite"!
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 15:06, newshound wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

You can always count on Jim to "bite"!

and why not ...

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 15:07, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 15:06, newshound wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

You can always count on Jim to "bite"!

and why not ...

you ask a simple question and all you get is a bunch of jokers....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 15:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 15:07, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 15:06, newshound wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

You can always count on Jim to "bite"!

and why not ...

you ask a simple question and all you get is a bunch of jokers....

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.tech..../c/KEoNqvmm6H0

its alright you lot can **** off now you have had a laugh......
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 15:07, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/11/2020 15:06, newshound wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

You can always count on Jim to "bite"!

and why not ...

you ask a simple question and all you get is a bunch of jokers....

Why does someone who passed the RAE need to ask.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default 6th Nov (Was : Galvonic isolator position)

On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

The morning of 6th November, at the Junior School ...

Well, children! What did you do on Bonfire Night?

--- Please Miss! Please Miss!

(Cautiously) Yes Johnnie?

--- Please Miss, we shoved penny bangers up frogs' arseholes!

Rectum, Johnnie! Rectum, Johnnie!

--- Wrecked 'em, Miss? It f***ing blew them to bits!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 15:55, gareth evans wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

The morning of 6th November, at the Junior School ...

Well, children! What did you do on Bonfire Night?

--- Please Miss! Please Miss!

(Cautiously) Yes Johnnie?

--- Please Miss, we shoved penny bangers up frogs' arseholes!

Rectum, Johnnie! Rectum, Johnnie!

--- Wrecked 'em, Miss? It f***ing blew them to bits!

Oops! Missed that it was also X-posted to URA :-(

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2020 15:55, gareth evans wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

The morning of 6th November, at the Junior School ...

Well, children! What did you do on Bonfire Night?

--- Please Miss!Â* Please Miss!

(Cautiously) Yes Johnnie?

--- Please Miss, we shoved penny bangers up frogs' arseholes!

Rectum, Johnnie!Â* Rectum, Johnnie!

--- Wrecked 'em, Miss? It f***ing blew them to bits!

tee hee
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 15:59:01 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 06/11/2020 15:55, gareth evans wrote:
On 06/11/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what a bunch of arseholes you three are.....

The morning of 6th November, at the Junior School ...

Well, children! What did you do on Bonfire Night?

--- Please Miss!* Please Miss!

(Cautiously) Yes Johnnie?

--- Please Miss, we shoved penny bangers up frogs' arseholes!

Rectum, Johnnie!* Rectum, Johnnie!

--- Wrecked 'em, Miss? It f***ing blew them to bits!

tee hee

The oldies are the best.
https://youtu.be/BpWjUzEFEf8?t=1415

Further question/thought about position of fan isolator Chris Green UK diy 2 May 7th 19 03:21 PM
isolator switch & immersion heater timer Alex UK diy 2 February 23rd 04 03:32 PM
Positioning of bathroom fan isolator switch [email protected] UK diy 3 November 3rd 03 09:29 PM
100A isolator? Bob Eager UK diy 7 November 3rd 03 09:25 PM
Mid-Position 3 Port Valve - Hot Water (A) position & OFF - but HW flow to boiler? Clivedodd UK diy 3 September 9th 03 12:53 AM