Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recommendations for hand held researchable vacuum cleaner/

Any one please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2020 14:16, Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

rechargeable?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

If you want 'any one' then it doesn't matter what I recommend does it?

'any one' is not the same as 'anyone'

That said what exactly do you mean by a 'researchable vacuum cleaner'?

.... and finally, our experience with Dyson hand helds is that they're
OK, for 10 minutes and then you have to spend half an hour clearing
filters, phoning the support line and swearing.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 14:16:38 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Any one please?

I'm using a Bosch one - the green workshop one. Runs off the standard 18v
batteries.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2020 14:22, TimW wrote:
On 05/11/2020 14:16, Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

rechargeable?

Yes Please

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2020 14:16, Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

For what sort of usage? There are zillions of toy lightweight ones for
just doing the car once in a blue moon. Their weakest feature is usually
the batteries which not so gradually fade with time.

The Dyson ones aren't bad although somewhat overpriced. The one that has
just been most recently superceeded is the best value for money. There
is a guy on our local market with refurbed ones at much better prices.

Runtime is about 40 minutes on a full charge and it sucks pretty well.
You do have to do some regular routine maintenance or it loses suction.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

I have an Aldi one which they stocked as mail order. Really not bad - and
doesn't end up with a blocked filter as quickly as some. And easy to clean
that anyway. Fine for the small jobs where you don't want to get the
Hoover out. And pretty cheap.

--
*If you don't like the news, go out and make some.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 14:16:38 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Any one please?

What use? In tha car, around the home for ordinary spot domestic
cleaning, small DIY dust collection? DIY use, plaster brick dust etc,
quite often invalidates any guarantee.

Have a B&D "Dustbuster" almost useless, a dustpan and brush is much
more effective.

Also a Dyson DC6, at least I think it's a DC6 can't actually see a
model number anywhere on it. Works pretty well for domestic used,
small canister which fills remarkably quickly. And the washable
filter is a pain to wash as it's a narrow cone, with the dirty air
flowing from the inside out so getting the muck out of the narrow
cone and not washing it to the tip is awkward.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2020 14:34, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 14:16:38 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Any one please?

I'm using a Bosch one - the green workshop one. Runs off the standard 18v
batteries.

What are standard 18v batteries?

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A what?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
Any one please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 19:54:48 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

On 05/11/2020 14:34, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 14:16:38 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Any one please?

I'm using a Bosch one - the green workshop one. Runs off the standard
18v batteries.

What are standard 18v batteries?

The ones that lots of Bosch battery tools use.

https://www.bosch-diy.com/gb/en/diye...power-for-all-
battery-system

Strangely, the vacuum cleaner and the radio (both of which I have) are
not mentioned. We have strimmer, drill/driver, circular saw, jigsaw ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Chris Green
writes
Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

If you want 'any one' then it doesn't matter what I recommend does it?

'any one' is not the same as 'anyone'

That said what exactly do you mean by a 'researchable vacuum cleaner'?

... and finally, our experience with Dyson hand helds is that they're
OK, for 10 minutes and then you have to spend half an hour clearing
filters, phoning the support line and swearing.

No real problems with our Dyson V6. Eventually of course the battery
fail but that's easily changed. The dust canister is a bit small.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
Any one please?

Our Dyson V8 Animal fell apart after 14 months. Got a full refund.

As with most items you don't find out their good & bad points until you
actually use them so we bought a Vax Blade which was 1/3 price.
Pluses - Good suction, long battery life, even with the powered brush head.
We haven't managed to drain the battery yet.
Minuses - Slightly stiff connectors, anyone with arthritic hands would
probably struggle
Filter cleaning required every second use for which I use another vacuum
cleaner.

--
Regards
wasbit

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 14:22:57 +0000, TimW wrote:

On 05/11/2020 14:16, Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

rechargeable?

I need a researchable for all the times my wife manages to suck up
bits I'm working on. Quite messy breaking into a bag.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2020 22:54, bert wrote:
In article , Chris Green
writes
Broadback wrote:
Any one please?

If you want 'any one' then it doesn't matter what I recommend does it?

'any one' is not the same as 'anyone'

That said what exactly do you mean by a 'researchable vacuum cleaner'?

... and finally, our experience with Dyson hand helds is that they're
OK, for 10 minutes and then you have to spend half an hour clearing
filters, phoning the support line and swearing.

No real problems with our Dyson V6. Eventually of course the battery
fail but that's easily changed. The dust canister is a bit small.

+1

Now on second "third party" battery. The first lasted longer than the
guarantee on the OEM one (at double the price).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have the Bosch blue one. Its ok but needs very regular cleaning. TBH I was disappointed in it
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A hand held vac that searches out the dust :-)
Maybe he needs a robotic vac

Andrew

On 05/11/2020 20:29, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
A what?
Brian