Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best portable hand-held vacuum cleaner

I've been looking for a reliable battery-powered vacuum cleaner.
Important points:
Reliable batteries, easy to find replacements.
Versatile, able to reach corners.
Easy to clean!
The obvious: Good vacuum, efficiency

I had a Delonghi that would trap dirt inside the badly designed
internal parts. Horrible to clean.

Some that come to mind:
Black and Decker Dustbuster:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Shark:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Dirt Devil:
(Don't have a link on hand)

Can any of those knowledgable about these things please help to tip
the scales?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2014 02:27 AM, _dee_ wrote:
I've been looking for a reliable battery-powered vacuum cleaner.
Important points:
Reliable batteries, easy to find replacements.
Versatile, able to reach corners.
Easy to clean!
The obvious: Good vacuum, efficiency

I had a Delonghi that would trap dirt inside the badly designed
internal parts. Horrible to clean.

Some that come to mind:
Black and Decker Dustbuster:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Shark:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Dirt Devil:
(Don't have a link on hand)

Can any of those knowledgable about these things please help to tip
the scales?

I do not have a hand-held but I can assure you that Dirt Devil makes the
worst junk I've ever seen in the upright variety.

Posted to alt.home.repair

_dee_ wrote:
I've been looking for a reliable battery-powered vacuum cleaner.
Important points:
Reliable batteries, easy to find replacements.
Versatile, able to reach corners.
Easy to clean!
The obvious: Good vacuum, efficiency

I had a Delonghi that would trap dirt inside the badly designed
internal parts. Horrible to clean.

Some that come to mind:
Black and Decker Dustbuster:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Shark:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Dirt Devil:
(Don't have a link on hand)

Can any of those knowledgable about these things please help to tip
the scales?

I used to use the older style DustBusters. I stopped using them because I
could always smell the dust that would blow out of the side vents. I can't
actually confirm that dust came out, but it seemed to me that if I smelled
it, it must be blowing out. It would gross me out if a family member used
it to clean crumbs off of a table or counter. It always seemed to me
(because of the smell) that the device was picking up the crumbs but laying
dust down on everything around it.

My wife bought a Shark mini-electric vacuum a few years back. It was a
piece of crap in so many ways that it sat in a closet for a year before I
finally threw it out. I can't speak to their handhelds, but if the electric
mini is any indication of the Shark brand quality, I'd stay away from it.

My go-to vacuum for small jobs is this one:

http://evacuumstore.com/p-193-sanita...Fenm7AodrXoAxQ

I had one of the original Electrolux Mighty Mites for over 20 years. It was
physically beat up but still worked great. I gave it to my son 5 years ago
and bought the new one. He still uses the old one for his car, stairs, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:27:19 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

My go-to vacuum for small jobs is this one:

http://evacuumstore.com/p-193-sanita...Fenm7AodrXoAxQ

I had one of the original Electrolux Mighty Mites for over 20 years. It was
physically beat up but still worked great. I gave it to my son 5 years ago
and bought the new one. He still uses the old one for his car, stairs, etc.

We have the same brand but a different model. Nice little vacuum. My
last use was to clean under and behind the refrigerator - easy peasy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2014 3:27 AM, _dee_ wrote:
I've been looking for a reliable battery-powered vacuum cleaner.
Important points:
Reliable batteries, easy to find replacements.
Versatile, able to reach corners.
Easy to clean!
The obvious: Good vacuum, efficiency

I had a Delonghi that would trap dirt inside the badly designed
internal parts. Horrible to clean.

Some that come to mind:
Black and Decker Dustbuster:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Shark:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Dirt Devil:
(Don't have a link on hand)

Can any of those knowledgable about these things please help to tip
the scales?

We have two dustbusters and I see the better one, 14.4 volts costs $75
at Amazon and batteries are $40. If Bed Bath and Beyond sells it for
$50 they may not have batteries so who would buy a $40 battery for a $50
vacuum.

That's the annoyance of most battery powered equipment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That looks like a nice vacuum. It appears to be 120v AC powered
though. I'll check with Electrolux to see if they have a portable.

I just threw out an ancient Electrolux XXX from probably before I was
born. The thing still worked, but it wasn't as efficient as my current
Miele (which has been great so far).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2014 03:21 PM, _dee_ wrote:

snip
ne. He still uses the old one for his car, stairs, etc.

That looks like a nice vacuum. It appears to be 120v AC powered
though. I'll check with Electrolux to see if they have a portable.

I just threw out an ancient Electrolux XXX from probably before I was
born. The thing still worked, but it wasn't as efficient as my current
Miele (which has been great so far).

I still have an Electrolux I found up in an attic 40 years ago...
it was probably 15 years old at the time.

It still operates with full suction. The secret is not using a bag made
by another company. If you use an Electrolux bag they will work great.

Most (but not necessarily all) replacement bags do no work well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

_dee_ wrote:

I'll check with Electrolux to see if they have a portable.

Do not expect a recent Electrolux to last as long as the old ones did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

_dee_ wrote:
[...]

That sucks! Umm maybe not? I'm not to sure about Bissel stuff either. I
let the wife buy what she wants because I don't wanna do it...

My go-to vacuum for small jobs is this one:

http://evacuumstore.com/p-193-sanita...Fenm7AodrXoAxQ

I had one of the original Electrolux Mighty Mites for over 20 years. It was
physically beat up but still worked great. I gave it to my son 5 years ago
and bought the new one. He still uses the old one for his car, stairs, etc.

Well it isn't battery powered but to really do the job one needs some
horsepower. So you are saying the Electrolux stuff is still alright Derby?
Wonder whom owns them now?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

_dee_ wrote:
I've been looking for a reliable battery-powered vacuum cleaner.
Important points:
Reliable batteries, easy to find replacements.
Versatile, able to reach corners.
Easy to clean!
The obvious: Good vacuum, efficiency

I had a Delonghi that would trap dirt inside the badly designed
internal parts. Horrible to clean.

Some that come to mind:
Black and Decker Dustbuster:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Shark:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Dirt Devil:
(Don't have a link on hand)

Can any of those knowledgable about these things please help to tip
the scales?

I've got by with a dirt devil. I also have a little AC corded bagged dirt
devil brush unit. Bigger, got Hoover, Kirby, two old electrolux. Sear shop,
and rugged shop vac.

I never leave the thing plugged into charger for long. A few years old and
still going. I use it for hair balls and quick pick ups.

http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-Devil-Ext.../dp/B0001UQVRU

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I use it for hair balls and quick pick ups

Are these your relatives or what you cough up? ;-)

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.sheds

"NEMO" wrote in message
On 6/9/2015 9:15 AM, Colon Edmud Burchese wrote:
wrote in message
This review says Black & Decker is the only brand that really works:
http://finalreview.hubpages.com/hub/...vacuum-reviews

Sucks a golf ball thru a garden hose.
Now what else kood do that but Miss Recktum and his/her famous quivering
limey lips?
LOL

YOU could suck a ladyboy dry, Coloon!

But here in the UKraine, Electrolux vacuum cleaners used to have ads that
said "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux." One of these was seen on a
billboard, where some slag had added "I do - Tracey". LOLOK

eLECTROlux is an American brand! At least you don't buy any of that ****ING
TRASH the buck teeth make. It's all junk by American standards. Of course,
our standards are MUCH HIGHER, YOU **** LICKING LESBIAN!
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 24, 2014 at 11:27:19 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
_dee_ wrote:
[...]

The Mighty Mite is the best small vac made in my opinion (but not battery operated). We use one to vacuum the hair at a vet clinic. It is used 6 nights a week and lasts for years. After much use, the cord develops an internal break from flexing where it exits the machine. Then you can take it apart and rewire it to make like new again. The vac is made by Electrolux and is sold under both the Electrolux and Eureka names. Price ranges from about $70 to over $100. Some of the more expensive models have a metal wand but the plastic is better.

Tschibo TCM hand-held rechargeable vacuum cleaner MM UK diy 2 January 17th 13 04:35 PM
Hand held vacuum Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 24 December 14th 11 03:42 PM
HAND-HELD HUBBLE J T Woodworking 0 April 12th 07 01:18 AM
Hand Held Planer Wilson Woodworking 5 January 23rd 07 09:12 PM
*powerful* hand-held vacuum-cleaner (for stairs, etc)? David Combs Home Repair 5 November 17th 05 04:17 PM