Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Best portable hand-held vacuum cleaner

_dee_ wrote:
I've been looking for a reliable battery-powered vacuum cleaner.
Important points:
Reliable batteries, easy to find replacements.
Versatile, able to reach corners.
Easy to clean!
The obvious: Good vacuum, efficiency

I had a Delonghi that would trap dirt inside the badly designed
internal parts. Horrible to clean.

Some that come to mind:
Black and Decker Dustbuster:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Shark:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...eyword=vacuumh

Dirt Devil:
(Don't have a link on hand)

Can any of those knowledgable about these things please help to tip
the scales?

I've got by with a dirt devil. I also have a little AC corded bagged dirt
devil brush unit. Bigger, got Hoover, Kirby, two old electrolux. Sear shop,
and rugged shop vac.

I never leave the thing plugged into charger for long. A few years old and
still going. I use it for hair balls and quick pick ups.

http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-Devil-Ext.../dp/B0001UQVRU

Greg