Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher service manual? Can you get these? Lamona LAM8670 waterleak.

So, I have removed the kick board and run the loaded dishwasher and can
now see where the water is coming from.
Not much help, really, without knowing what is behind the panel.

My next step was to look for a service manual to see what the internals of
the dishwasher were.

Not available from Howdens.
They will arrange for a service engineer to call.

Not obviously available from other sources.
It is quite possible that there isn't one for end users.

If I take it apart I would have to be able to order parts as well, which
would involve a chat with Howdens I assume to source them.

Has anyone worked on this particular appliance and has some idea where and
what the main bits are?

Back in the day (thinking of washing machines) they were easy to take
apart and didn't have much in them that was complicated.
As with newer cars, I have no idea what is inside.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
So, I have removed the kick board and run the loaded dishwasher and can
now see where the water is coming from.
Not much help, really, without knowing what is behind the panel.

My next step was to look for a service manual to see what the internals of
the dishwasher were.

Has anyone worked on this particular appliance and has some idea where and
what the main bits are?

Since Lamona is a whitelabel, first you need to find out who
actually made it.

If I search for 'Lamona LAM8670' I find a few 'spares' sites.
This page has some parts diagrams:
https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts...0(7636633871)/

Given the writing on the bottom has 'Date/Tarih' and 'Su sistemi' which appears
to be Turkish, I suspect it's made by Beko.

That's confirmed if I start searching around for part numbers found on that
page. (It helps to focus on more model-specific parts like detergent
dispensers, door parts and PCBs rather than generic switches or hoses).

You could probably work out what Beko model it relates to with some
deeper searching. But Beko don't publish service information, so I'm not
sure it helps a lot.

(A Ukrainian site claims to have a cache of Beko service information:
https://www.diagram.com.ua/english/l...domestic-beko/
but it'll be 2 hours before the slow download finishes to find out what's
in there)

Back in the day (thinking of washing machines) they were easy to take
apart and didn't have much in them that was complicated.
As with newer cars, I have no idea what is inside.

These things are cost-optimised, so there's nothing in there that doesn't
need to be. However they're designed to be assembled fast and never touched
after, so they may not be the easiest to work on.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Theo wrote:
(A Ukrainian site claims to have a cache of Beko service information:
https://www.diagram.com.ua/english/l...domestic-beko/
but it'll be 2 hours before the slow download finishes to find out what's
in there)

The .zip downloaded successfully. There is a pile of Arcelik (ie Beko)
service info there, but it's mostly from 2005. So no newer things in there.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 19:37, David wrote:
[...]

I've no idea about that specific model, but many dishwashers are
basically similar. Haynes publish a generic dishwasher repair manual -
which might provide some clues if all else fails.

--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 22:13:25 +0000, Theo wrote:

Theo wrote:
(A Ukrainian site claims to have a cache of Beko service information:
https://www.diagram.com.ua/english/l...domestic-beko/
but it'll be 2 hours before the slow download finishes to find out
what's in there)

The .zip downloaded successfully. There is a pile of Arcelik (ie Beko)
service info there, but it's mostly from 2005. So no newer things in
there.

I have found YouTube useful on occasions when repairing white goods
without a manual.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Theo wrote:
(A Ukrainian site claims to have a cache of Beko service information:
https://www.diagram.com.ua/english/l...domestic-beko/
but it'll be 2 hours before the slow download finishes to find out
what's in there)

The .zip downloaded successfully. There is a pile of Arcelik (ie Beko)
service info there, but it's mostly from 2005. So no newer things in
there.

Theo

Thank you for that useful information.

I was suspicious because my search of Which? included a Beko which had a
good review and which had a very similar feature list.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 23:28:41 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:

[...]

Thanks.

Fore reassembly follow the reverse of the above steps.....

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

https://manualzz.com/doc/14468835/di...allation-guide

Any good? I suspect not as it was trivial to find so I must assume you
already found and discarded it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 22:13:31 UTC, Theo wrote:

There is a pile of Arcelik (ie Beko) service info there

It's no wonder they trade under the name Beko. To top it off, Arcelik is part of Koc Holding!