Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tim?s Beloved EU and Vegans!

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Davidm wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 09:28:52 +0100, nightjar
wrote:

On 20/10/2020 08:44, Radio Man wrote:
There is justice in the world the EU are planning to ban the veg
chompers
from misleading people by calling meat free products like vegan
burgers as
burgers. The vegans are squealing like stuck pigs.

It is under discussion, but there is no clear majority either for or
against the move.

Thank god we will no longer be paying them for their time spent on
this sort of trivia!!!

Yes. Soon you'll be able to buy a pork sausage that contains zero pork.
Chocolate with zero coca solids.

oh don't be daft

we already have our own rules for that

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The one thing that puzzles me is that

why is beef called beef instead of dead cow flesh?

or why is Pork called pork instead of dead pig flesh

or why Roast beef is called Roast beef instead of Roast dead cow?

or why beef steak is not called sliced dead cow

or why sausages are not called minced dead pig flesh?

or why bacon is not called sliced dead pig?

At least we know that a vegetable burger contains vegetables whereas a
"beef" burger or "pork" sausage is mostly rusk, fat, ground up bones,
gristle and single digit %tage of ground up dead animal flesh?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:37:32 +0100, No Name
wrote:

The one thing that puzzles me is that

why is beef called beef instead of dead cow flesh?

or why is Pork called pork instead of dead pig flesh

or why Roast beef is called Roast beef instead of Roast dead cow?

or why beef steak is not called sliced dead cow

or why sausages are not called minced dead pig flesh?

or why bacon is not called sliced dead pig?

Because it sounds more attractive and all part of the conditioning
that allows someone who wouldn't normally 'hurt an animal' to allow
themselves to be disconnected from the process and then do so? ;-(

https://ibb.co/yfhdx5q
https://ibb.co/Sw8DCJQ

It's the same with 'Milk'. It's milk when it comes from or own species
and fed to us by our mothers but when across species it's 'Other
species growth juice'.

https://ibb.co/P9xLCM2

Imagine if we hadn't been indoctrinated into thinking milk was some
independent man made product and saw it for what it was, what would
people think if they saw this:

https://ibb.co/Pjyhq40

At least we know that a vegetable burger contains vegetables whereas a
"beef" burger or "pork" sausage is mostly rusk, fat, ground up bones,
gristle and single digit %tage of ground up dead animal flesh?

Yup.

And many people are in denial about it all, that's how they can carry
on what they are doing because they have been marketed into buying
what the people making the money from it want, without having to
consider the animal suffering or the damage the 'industrial levels of
production' are doing to the planet and the negative impact on our
health.

Why is all the medical advice saying we should eat *more* fruit and
veg and consume *less* meat and even avoid all processed meats, if
that wasn't the best thing for us to do?

And this is against the push-back of all those with something to loose
(money) by not continuing to peddle us with all this stuff that's bad
for the animals, the planet and us!

Milk consumption in the UK and the USA has been going down since the
70's and rather than realising that the writing is on the wall and
moving over to plant based alternatives, they are trying to pedal the
stuff to the far East (with some disingenuous 'Wouldn't you like to do
what they do in the West' marketing) peoples who are even more
intolerant to the stuff than we are!

It's all crazy but luckily, is changing ...

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2020 15:37, T i m wrote:

Why is all the medical advice saying we should eat *more* fruit and
veg and consume *less* meat and even avoid all processed meats, if
that wasn't the best thing for us to do?

Like "Buy a Diesel car and help the environment"? That went well.

It's all crazy but luckily, is changing ...

No-one gets promoted for going against policy, so no matter what the
claptrap those with their own interests at heart promulgate it.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2020 15:37, No Name wrote:
The one thing that puzzles me is that

why is beef called beef instead of dead cow flesh?

because cooking was a Norman thing, and to them its du Boeuf

or why is Pork called pork instead of dead pig flesh

because cooking was a Norman thing, and to them its du porc

or why Roast beef is called Roast beef instead of Roast dead cow?

because cooking was a Norman thing, and to them its du Boeuf

or why beef steak is not called sliced dead cow

because cooking was a Norman thing, and to them its du Boeuf

or why sausages are not called minced dead pig flesh?

because cooking was a Norman thing, and to them its une saucisse
(salty thing) and they don't have to be pigs flesh.

or why bacon is not called sliced dead pig?

Because bacon is an old English word and only peasants eat bacon.

At least we know that a vegetable burger contains vegetables whereas a
"beef" burger or "pork" sausage is mostly rusk, fat, ground up bones,
gristle and single digit %tage of ground up dead animal flesh?

You are shopping in the wrong places.

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 20/10/2020 08:44, Radio Man wrote:
There is justice in the world the EU are planning to ban the veg
chompers
from misleading people by calling meat free products like vegan
burgers as
burgers. The vegans are squealing like stuck pigs.

It is under discussion, but there is no clear majority either for or
against the move.
Thank god we will no longer be paying them for their time spent on
this sort of trivia!!!

Yes. Soon you'll be able to buy a pork sausage that contains zero pork.
Chocolate with zero coca solids.

oh don't be daft

we already have our own rules for that

Given how long we've been aligned with the EU for such things - and it's
something Brexiteers want ended - it very likely we'll end up with
considerably inferior standards for the consumer. But hey - we've got back
control.

--
*When it rains, why don't sheep shrink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2020 15:37, No Name wrote:
The one thing that puzzles me is that

why is beef called beef instead of dead cow flesh?

Cows, or even bullocks over a certain age (36 months)
cannot legally enter the UK food chain .

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/let-36-mo...food-chain-nba

or why is Pork called pork instead of dead pig flesh

or why Roast beef is called Roast beef instead of Roast dead cow?

or why beef steak is not called sliced dead cow

or why sausages are not called minced dead pig flesh?

They might be made from deer, or beef

or why bacon is not called sliced dead pig?

At least we know that a vegetable burger contains vegetables whereas a
"beef" burger or "pork" sausage is mostly rusk, fat, ground up bones,
gristle and single digit %tage of ground up dead animal flesh?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Oct 2020 at 15:37:32 BST, "No Name" wrote:

The one thing that puzzles me is that

why is beef called beef instead of dead cow flesh?

or why is Pork called pork instead of dead pig flesh

or why Roast beef is called Roast beef instead of Roast dead cow?

or why beef steak is not called sliced dead cow

or why sausages are not called minced dead pig flesh?

or why bacon is not called sliced dead pig?

Largely due to the Norman conquest, I believe.

At least we know that a vegetable burger contains vegetables whereas a
"beef" burger or "pork" sausage is mostly rusk, fat, ground up bones,
gristle and single digit %tage of ground up dead animal flesh?

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The one thing that puzzles me is that

why is beef called beef instead of dead cow flesh?

or why is Pork called pork instead of dead pig flesh

or why Roast beef is called Roast beef instead of Roast dead cow?

or why beef steak is not called sliced dead cow

or why sausages are not called minced dead pig flesh?

or why bacon is not called sliced dead pig?

Because it sounds more attractive and all part of the conditioning
that allows someone who wouldn't normally 'hurt an animal' to allow
themselves to be disconnected from the process and then do so? ;-(

https://ibb.co/yfhdx5q
https://ibb.co/Sw8DCJQ

Unlike you I don't advocate the beating of farm animals and choose they
die in a humane way.

It's the same with 'Milk'. It's milk when it comes from or own species
and fed to us by our mothers but when across species it's 'Other
species growth juice'.

https://ibb.co/P9xLCM2

Is this a way of saying you're mother is no longer a cow? What are you
trying to say?

Imagine if we hadn't been indoctrinated into thinking milk was some
independent man made product and saw it for what it was, what would
people think if they saw this:

https://ibb.co/Pjyhq40

Did you wank over that pic?

Many has developed a digestive system that can digest milk. So drinking
milk and eating milk products is a natural act for us.

At least we know that a vegetable burger contains vegetables whereas a
"beef" burger or "pork" sausage is mostly rusk, fat, ground up bones,
gristle and single digit %tage of ground up dead animal flesh?

Yup.

Noname is wrong. There are laws that prevent bone getting into beef
including the ban of mechanical recovery of beef from carcasses. Do keep up.

And many people are in denial about it all, that's how they can carry
on what they are doing because they have been marketed into buying
what the people making the money from it want, without having to
consider the animal suffering or the damage the 'industrial levels of
production' are doing to the planet and the negative impact on our
health.

Which goes to show the load of nonsense spouted by fanatical vegans.

Why is all the medical advice saying we should eat *more* fruit and
veg and consume *less* meat and even avoid all processed meats, if
that wasn't the best thing for us to do?

Most medical advice is based on a balanced diet. That includes a natural
source of B12 from meat products.

And this is against the push-back of all those with something to loose
(money) by not continuing to peddle us with all this stuff that's bad
for the animals, the planet and us!

I don't see any pushback. I do see a wider choice and nothing wrong with
that.

Milk consumption in the UK and the USA has been going down since the
70's and rather than realising that the writing is on the wall and
moving over to plant based alternatives, they are trying to pedal the
stuff to the far East (with some disingenuous 'Wouldn't you like to do
what they do in the West' marketing) peoples who are even more
intolerant to the stuff than we are!

Again there is nothing wrong with choice.

There are attempts by various manufacturers, Nestle comes to mind trying
to sell baby powder to poor countries but not aware of any pedalling.
Perhaps you can cite some examples but I know you won't be able to.

It's all crazy but luckily, is changing ...

Yep, keep up with the B12 supplements.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew
writes
On 20/10/2020 15:37, No Name wrote:
The one thing that puzzles me is that
why is beef called beef instead of dead cow flesh?

Cows, or even bullocks over a certain age (36 months)
cannot legally enter the UK food chain .

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/let-36-mo...food-chain-nba

Umm. That was published in 1999. Lifted around 10 years later; provided
the slaughterhouse met the BSE regulations.

or why is Pork called pork instead of dead pig flesh
or why Roast beef is called Roast beef instead of Roast dead cow?
or why beef steak is not called sliced dead cow
or why sausages are not called minced dead pig flesh?

They might be made from deer, or beef

or why bacon is not called sliced dead pig?
At least we know that a vegetable burger contains vegetables whereas
a "beef" burger or "pork" sausage is mostly rusk, fat, ground up
bones, gristle and single digit %tage of ground up dead animal flesh?

--
Tim Lamb