Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default the holy virgin

anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the
process of delivering?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/2020 12:33, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the
process of delivering?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...t-sort-of.html

looks like a kitchen rubbish bin....
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:38:36 +0100, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

On 19/10/2020 12:33, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the
process of delivering?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...dia-to-extend-

hub-4-availability-for-wifi-boost-sort-of.html

looks like a kitchen rubbish bin....

Virgin on the ridiculous.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:33:32 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the
process of delivering?

I've only just recently gone from a 'Super Hub' to a 'Hub 3'
(hopefully debugged by now)? ;-(

As I only use them as modems, I've no idea how good or bad any of the
other features are.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the
process of delivering?

I've only just recently gone from a 'Super Hub' to a 'Hub 3'
(hopefully debugged by now)? ;-(

As I only use them as modems, I've no idea how good or bad any of the
other features are.

Cheers, T i m

In one respect they seem to have got more crap than before. They old
ones used to block VPN traffic, but you could go into the advanced setup
and turn on PPTP and L2TP pass through to fix that. The one I tried the
other day seemed to no longer have the options. A bit of investigation
seemed to suggest that they have now enabled PPTP by default so they
don't provide an option any more. Fine for windows users, but a problem
for Mac users since the native VPN client only supports L2TP with IPSec
for VPN connections and the router still blocks that.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the
process of delivering?

I've only just recently gone from a 'Super Hub' to a 'Hub 3'
(hopefully debugged by now)? ;-(

As I only use them as modems, I've no idea how good or bad any of the
other features are.

Cheers, T i m

I have the SH3 which I use as a modem connected to my own router
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 16:29:22 +0100, RobH wrote:

snip

I've only just recently gone from a 'Super Hub' to a 'Hub 3'
(hopefully debugged by now)? ;-(

As I only use them as modems, I've no idea how good or bad any of the
other features are.

I have the SH3 which I use as a modem connected to my own router

It's the only way to use them, IMHO. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe its really a Tardis?

Brian