Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default the holy virgin

On 19/10/2020 14:10, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:33:32 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the
process of delivering?

I've only just recently gone from a 'Super Hub' to a 'Hub 3'
(hopefully debugged by now)? ;-(

As I only use them as modems, I've no idea how good or bad any of the
other features are.

Cheers, T i m

In one respect they seem to have got more crap than before. They old
ones used to block VPN traffic, but you could go into the advanced setup
and turn on PPTP and L2TP pass through to fix that. The one I tried the
other day seemed to no longer have the options. A bit of investigation
seemed to suggest that they have now enabled PPTP by default so they
don't provide an option any more. Fine for windows users, but a problem
for Mac users since the native VPN client only supports L2TP with IPSec
for VPN connections and the router still blocks that.

--
Cheers,

John.