Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unused aerial bracket?

The guy I mentioned recently who phoned me asking where he could get a
replacement TV signal booster ... that he didn't actually need ... (
at the TV works fine without it, probably left over from the
switchover) seems to have his aerial pointing in a slightly different
direction (off maybe 25 Deg [1]) to the majority (but not all) near
him bit the bit that I spotted as we walked past yesterday was that it
had a tubular bracket that runs underneath the bottom of the director
bit but it's mounted on a pole on the chimney stack ... at the back,
behind the reflector?

Is there any reason you would need that bracket left on (signal wise
or strength etc) or is it actually superfluous and therefore just
adding weight and windage and possibly, slight loss of performance?

Cheers, T i m

[1] There is a fairly large metal structure that he could be looking
right past if his aerial was set in the same line as all those the
transmitter side of the obstruction, so could that account for the
offset, even with digital (multipath)?