Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Unused aerial bracket?

On 16/10/2020 13:23, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:58:07 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

On 16/10/2020 12:20, T i m wrote:
bit the bit that I spotted as we walked past yesterday was that it
had a tubular bracket that runs underneath the bottom of the director
bit but it's mounted on a pole on the chimney stack ... at the back,
behind the reflector?

The aerial is from a DIY shed. it has two mounting options, the cradle
underneath or end mounting. For the latter the cradle isn't used.

I thought that was the case but I also thought I'd better ask.

The
person hasn't realised that. It's very common.

The aerials I have seen that come in two parts give you a clamshell
type bracket that contains the two ends and bolt up (wingnut?), then
you would put that cradle bracket on if you wanted to mount it that
way.

I'll mention it when I see / speak to him next (thanks).

Cheers, T i m

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/aerialp.../diy/022.shtml

Bill